ASK EU
Add Reply
Peter Percival
2019-08-10 16:37:47 UTC
One verse of /Make it one for my baby (and one more for the road/ goes

I've got the routine
put another nickel in the machine
I'm feeling so bad
can't you make the music easy and sad
I could tell you a lot
but you've gotta be true to your code
just make it one for my baby, and one more
for the road

What code is that?
Vicky Ayech
A gentleman doesn't tattle about his love life.
Peter Percival
2019-08-10 21:52:52 UTC
Post by Peter Percival
One verse of /Make it one for my baby (and one more for the road/ goes
I've got the routine
put another nickel in the machine
I'm feeling so bad
can't you make the music easy and sad
I could tell you a lot
but you've gotta be true to your code
just make it one for my baby, and one more
for the road
What code is that?
A gentleman doesn't tattle about his love life.
Thank you. I was wondering whether the 'your' referred to the singer or
the bar man.