No TA content
2018-03-11 08:26:55 UTC
8.24 sun morning bbc1. Angela Epstein described as journalist.

“Ambulances were literally pulled off the road”

The mind boggles. Well mine does.
Sid Nuncius
2018-03-11 09:09:16 UTC
8.24 sun morning bbc1. Angela Epstein described as journalist.
“Ambulances were literally pulled off the road”
The mind boggles. Well mine does.
It figuratively makes my blood boil. :o)
2018-03-11 11:29:29 UTC
8.24 sun morning bbc1. Angela Epstein described as journalist.
“Ambulances were literally pulled off the road”
The mind boggles. Well mine does.
It figuratively makes my blood boil. :o)
I suspect this actions may have decimated their fleet of ambulances too;-
Toodle )
Jenny M Benson
2018-03-11 15:31:52 UTC
8.24 sun morning bbc1. Angela Epstein described as journalist.
“Ambulances were literally pulled off the road”
The mind boggles. Well mine does.
It figuratively makes my blood boil. :o)
I suspect this actions may have decimated their fleet of ambulances too;-
Myself and others thank would lead to a lot less ambulances being available.
Will it have that affect ?
Mike
2018-03-11 16:44:07 UTC
8.24 sun morning bbc1. Angela Epstein described as journalist.
“Ambulances were literally pulled off the road”
The mind boggles. Well mine does.
It figuratively makes my blood boil. :o)
I suspect this actions may have decimated their fleet of ambulances too;-
Myself and others thank would lead to a lot less ambulances being available.
I’m Mr. Ten Percent m’self....
2018-03-11 15:31:26 UTC
8.24 sun morning bbc1. Angela Epstein described as journalist.
“Ambulances were literally pulled off the road”
The mind boggles. Well mine does.
It figuratively makes my blood boil. :o)
I suspect this actions may have decimated their fleet of ambulances too;-
(-:

Actually, if this refers to the "Russian spy" case, I think it _is_
correct, though almost certainly not in the way the reporter meant: I
think I've seen them being pulled onto low-loaders, so that _was_
literal. (But I'd hazard a guess - not having seen the original report -
that she meant "yanked out of service at short notice", rather than the
physical case which happened to be true.)

... referendum coverage is available with subtitles for the deaf, audio
description for the blind, and ITV for the thick. - Dead Ringers, 2016-6-25
Nick Odell
2018-03-11 23:52:07 UTC
8.24 sun morning bbc1.  Angela Epstein described as journalist.
“Ambulances were literally pulled off the road”
The mind boggles.  Well mine does.
It figuratively makes my blood boil.  :o)
Sadly, I can point to plethoras of examples of this kind of misuse.

2018-03-12 03:51:39 UTC
8.24 sun morning bbc1.  Angela Epstein described as journalist.
“Ambulances were literally pulled off the road”
The mind boggles.  Well mine does.
It figuratively makes my blood boil.  :o)
Sadly, I can point to plethoras of examples of this kind of misuse.
Nick
Yes, myriads of them. )-:

If it jams - force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
SODAM
2018-03-12 09:06:17 UTC
8.24 sun morning bbc1.  Angela Epstein described as journalist.
“Ambulances were literally pulled off the road”
The mind boggles.  Well mine does.
It figuratively makes my blood boil.  :o)
Sadly, I can point to plethoras of examples of this kind of misuse.
Nick
The media’s are particularly prone to them.
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
Mike
2018-03-12 09:10:30 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Nick Odell
8.24 sun morning bbc1.  Angela Epstein described as journalist.
“Ambulances were literally pulled off the road”
The mind boggles.  Well mine does.
It figuratively makes my blood boil.  :o)
Sadly, I can point to plethoras of examples of this kind of misuse.
Nick
The media’s are particularly prone to them.
Yes, it is an anathema.
2018-03-12 12:42:08 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Nick Odell
8.24 sun morning bbc1.  Angela Epstein described as journalist.
“Ambulances were literally pulled off the road”
The mind boggles.  Well mine does.
It figuratively makes my blood boil.  :o)
Sadly, I can point to plethoras of examples of this kind of misuse.
Nick
The media’s are particularly prone to them.
Yes, it is an anathema.
It's a phenomena of our time.
2018-03-11 10:11:35 UTC
8.24 sun morning bbc1. Angela Epstein described as journalist.
“Ambulances were literally pulled off the road”
The mind boggles. Well mine does.
I admit I was half-asleep at the time, but I'm sure I heard the woman on
R4X talking about shells this morning refer to "homonyms" when she meant
"homonids."

And I yelled at the radio something shocking a few days ago when I heard
Emily Maitlis say that "myself and A N other will tell stories ..." (A
N Other being either Fi Glover or Fiona Bruce - I always get those 2
mixed up.)