UMRA birthday info for 11 May 2021
Birthday Monitor
2021-05-11 06:16:34 UTC
Birthday News for today, 11 May: Meriel Archer.
2021-05-11 08:29:49 UTC
How old would she be now? I wonder what she's doing.
Peter Withey
2021-05-11 09:06:15 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 11 May: Meriel Archer.
How old would she be now? I wonder what she's doing.
20. Thanks to TAE
Pete
Vicky Ayech
2021-05-11 10:43:03 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 11 May: Meriel Archer.
How old would she be now? I wonder what she's doing.
20. Thanks to TAE
Thank you. I wonder if she went to uni and if she was still there and
had her final year ruined. Was it as bad in Australia for students as
here?
Mike McMillan
2021-05-11 12:12:56 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 11 May: Meriel Archer.
How old would she be now? I wonder what she's doing.
20. Thanks to TAE
For that matter, have we heard from Kenton in the last year?
2021-05-11 12:13:53 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 11 May: Meriel Archer.
How old would she be now? I wonder what she's doing.
20. Thanks to TAE
For that matter, have we heard from Kenton in the last year?
…or is he still ‘changing barrels’?
2021-05-11 15:31:13 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 11 May: Meriel Archer.
How old would she be now? I wonder what she's doing.
20. Thanks to TAE
For that matter, have we heard from Kenton in the last year?
…or is he still ‘changing barrels’?
Why did that make me wonder if he had done a Gregg? The pump actions
up in the bar, perhaps?

BTN
John Ashby
2021-05-11 18:07:31 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 11 May: Meriel Archer.
How old would she be now? I wonder what she's doing.
20. Thanks to TAE
For that matter, have we heard from Kenton in the last year?
…or is he still ‘changing barrels’?
Why did that make me wonder if he had done a Gregg? The pump actions
up in the bar, perhaps?
Nick
BTN
Agreed.

May I say that I wondered if Jolene had given him both barrels, and had
to go and lie down.

2021-05-11 20:58:18 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 11 May: Meriel Archer.
How old would she be now? I wonder what she's doing.
20. Thanks to TAE
For that matter, have we heard from Kenton in the last year?
…or is he still ‘changing barrels’?
Why did that make me wonder if he had done a Gregg? The pump actions
up in the bar, perhaps?
Nick
BTN
Agreed.
May I say that I wondered if Jolene had given him both barrels, and had
to go and lie down.
<Beam> Thank you Vicky and John!
<Aside> See, Sid there's still life - or do I mean death? - in the old
shotgun jokes.

2021-05-11 14:26:45 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 11 May: Meriel Archer.
How old would she be now? I wonder what she's doing.
20. Thanks to TAE
For that matter, have we heard from Kenton in the last year?
Last heard on Friday the 1st January. Yes, Friday, that week was shifted
back a day so that we would have an episode on the anniversary.
Something significant probably happened to mark the occasion, but I
can't remember what.
2021-05-11 14:37:05 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 11 May: Meriel Archer.
How old would she be now? I wonder what she's doing.
20. Thanks to TAE
For that matter, have we heard from Kenton in the last year?
Last heard on Friday the 1st January. Yes, Friday, that week was shifted
back a day so that we would have an episode on the anniversary.
Something significant probably happened to mark the occasion, but I
can't remember what.
Didn't Piggy make a speech?

2021-05-12 13:57:11 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 11 May: Meriel Archer.
How old would she be now? I wonder what she's doing.
20. Thanks to TAE
For that matter, have we heard from Kenton in the last year?
Last heard on Friday the 1st January. Yes, Friday, that week was
shifted back a day so that we would have an episode on the
anniversary. Something significant probably happened to mark the
occasion, but I can't remember what.
Didn't Piggy make a speech?
john
Talking of Piggy, what's Efffer going to say when she learns that not
only Alice and Chris, Fallon and Harrison, Alan, Ed and Emma were
keeping Alice's alcoholism from her but also her own mother?

2021-05-12 14:20:23 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 11 May: Meriel Archer.
How old would she be now? I wonder what she's doing.
20. Thanks to TAE
For that matter, have we heard from Kenton in the last year?
Last heard on Friday the 1st January. Yes, Friday, that week was
shifted back a day so that we would have an episode on the
anniversary. Something significant probably happened to mark the
occasion, but I can't remember what.
Didn't Piggy make a speech?
john
Talking of Piggy, what's Efffer going to say when she learns that not
only Alice and Chris, Fallon and Harrison, Alan, Ed and Emma were
keeping Alice's alcoholism from her but also her own mother?
john
She’s likely to be Efferly upset.
2021-05-12 20:10:11 UTC
Talking of Piggy, what's Efffer going to say when she learns that not
only Alice and Chris, Fallon and Harrison, Alan, Ed and Emma were
keeping Alice's alcoholism from her but also her own mother?
"Data Protection Act Luv. More than my job's worth."
2021-05-13 07:12:02 UTC
"Data Protection Act Luv. More than my job's worth."
Which reminds me that the rather useful site https://one.network/
(which shows roadworks planned and in progress) used to show the
details of each job, and could be quite interesting (YMMV)

Now it simply has the degree of obstruction of the road, and some
entries have a remark "Please note: Works Descriptions are no
longer publicly available due to Department for Transport data
processing policies."

I'm not quite sure where the big issue is in knowing that
somebody is having a new gas connection or whatever. ISTMT the
baby has been thrown out with the bath water.

***@cdixon.me.uk @ChrisJDixon1
2021-05-13 07:29:49 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Sam Plusnet
"Data Protection Act Luv. More than my job's worth."
Which reminds me that the rather useful site https://one.network/
(which shows roadworks planned and in progress) used to show the
details of each job, and could be quite interesting (YMMV)
Now it simply has the degree of obstruction of the road, and some
entries have a remark "Please note: Works Descriptions are no
longer publicly available due to Department for Transport data
processing policies."
I'm not quite sure where the big issue is in knowing that
somebody is having a new gas connection or whatever. ISTMT the
baby has been thrown out with the bath water.
Chris
And yes, that is why they are digging up the road; the baby has lodged in
the sewer pipe and has initiated the start of a huge babeberg.
Is it just me seeing these? BTN
John Ashby
2021-05-13 11:08:05 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Sam Plusnet
"Data Protection Act Luv. More than my job's worth."
Which reminds me that the rather useful site https://one.network/
(which shows roadworks planned and in progress) used to show the
details of each job, and could be quite interesting (YMMV)
Now it simply has the degree of obstruction of the road, and some
entries have a remark "Please note: Works Descriptions are no
longer publicly available due to Department for Transport data
processing policies."
I'm not quite sure where the big issue is in knowing that
somebody is having a new gas connection or whatever. ISTMT the
baby has been thrown out with the bath water.
Chris
And yes, that is why they are digging up the road; the baby has lodged in
the sewer pipe and has initiated the start of a huge babeberg.
Is it just me seeing these? BTN
Not sufficiently well-(or possibly ill-)formed.

https://monologues.co.uk/musichall/Songs-W/When-Mother-Washing-Baby.htm

2021-05-13 18:32:05 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Chris J Dixon
I'm not quite sure where the big issue is in knowing that
somebody is having a new gas connection or whatever. ISTMT the
baby has been thrown out with the bath water.
And yes, that is why they are digging up the road; the baby has lodged in
the sewer pipe and has initiated the start of a huge babeberg.
Is it just me seeing these? BTN
Not sufficiently well-(or possibly ill-)formed.
https://monologues.co.uk/musichall/Songs-W/When-Mother-Washing-Baby.htm
Or this classic rendition by Messrs. Clapton, Bruce and Baker:

--
Sid
2021-05-13 19:29:39 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Chris J Dixon
I'm not quite sure where the big issue is in knowing that
somebody is having a new gas connection or whatever. ISTMT the
baby has been thrown out with the bath water.
And yes, that is why they are digging up the road; the baby has lodged in
the sewer pipe and has initiated the start of a huge babeberg.
Is it just me seeing these? BTN
Not sufficiently well-(or possibly ill-)formed.
https://monologues.co.uk/musichall/Songs-W/When-Mother-Washing-Baby.htm
http://youtu.be/zCrPZEJUlus
Rats! Pre-plagiarised again.
2021-05-13 20:27:55 UTC
On Thu, 13 May 2021 19:32:05 +0100, Sid Nuncius
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Chris J Dixon
I'm not quite sure where the big issue is in knowing that
somebody is having a new gas connection or whatever. ISTMT the
baby has been thrown out with the bath water.
And yes, that is why they are digging up the road; the baby has lodged in
the sewer pipe and has initiated the start of a huge babeberg.
Is it just me seeing these? BTN
Not sufficiently well-(or possibly ill-)formed.
https://monologues.co.uk/musichall/Songs-W/When-Mother-Washing-Baby.htm
http://youtu.be/zCrPZEJUlus
I sang this to the children and grandchildren :) . One of my
repertoire.

Nick Odell
2021-05-13 08:45:44 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Sam Plusnet
"Data Protection Act Luv. More than my job's worth."
Which reminds me that the rather useful site https://one.network/
(which shows roadworks planned and in progress) used to show the
details of each job, and could be quite interesting (YMMV)
Now it simply has the degree of obstruction of the road, and some
entries have a remark "Please note: Works Descriptions are no
longer publicly available due to Department for Transport data
processing policies."
I'm not quite sure where the big issue is in knowing that
somebody is having a new gas connection or whatever. ISTMT the
baby has been thrown out with the bath water.
Chris
And yes, that is why they are digging up the road; the baby has lodged in
the sewer pipe and has initiated the start of a huge babeberg.
Oh dear :-(

Whilst I suspect that a babe-berg might have a completely different
meaning from baby-berg, I still can't dislodge this earworm after
reading your post.

2021-05-13 19:28:20 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Sam Plusnet
"Data Protection Act Luv. More than my job's worth."
Which reminds me that the rather useful site https://one.network/
(which shows roadworks planned and in progress) used to show the
details of each job, and could be quite interesting (YMMV)
Now it simply has the degree of obstruction of the road, and some
entries have a remark "Please note: Works Descriptions are no
longer publicly available due to Department for Transport data
processing policies."
I'm not quite sure where the big issue is in knowing that
somebody is having a new gas connection or whatever. ISTMT the
baby has been thrown out with the bath water.
Chris
And yes, that is why they are digging up the road; the baby has lodged in
the sewer pipe and has initiated the start of a huge babeberg.
Leading to a chorus of:

Oh, your baby has gone down the plug hole
Oh, your baby has gone down the plug
The poor little thing was so skinny and thin
He should have been washed in a jug,

<in a jug!>

(They don't write 'em like they used to y'know)
Philip Hole
2021-05-13 09:11:28 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Sam Plusnet
"Data Protection Act Luv. More than my job's worth."
Which reminds me that the rather useful site https://one.network/
(which shows roadworks planned and in progress) used to show the
details of each job, and could be quite interesting (YMMV)
Now it simply has the degree of obstruction of the road, and some
entries have a remark "Please note: Works Descriptions are no
longer publicly available due to Department for Transport data
processing policies."
I'm not quite sure where the big issue is in knowing that
somebody is having a new gas connection or whatever. ISTMT the
baby has been thrown out with the bath water.
Chris
That site brings a new meaning to "Windows".

These are what my computer gets thrown through.

The site *is* interesting but there is also a link for further information.
Could be more interesting. Let's see.
Off to the Councils website. Not quite a direct hit but wandering around
the Highways pages, I find it.....
... the same **** map that I started on :-((.
--
Flop