Tues. 13 spoiler
2018-11-13 19:21:54 UTC

I think Susan's treatment of Neil is bordering on coercive control. I'd
never have thought that - I've always disliked her as a gossip and
(comic) snob, but she's really getting nasty. He's basically a prisoner
in his own home, isn't he?
Susan _may_ not _realise_ she's doing it, though I don't think that is
the case. But if he starts 'phoning Justin, I could see Susan taking
away his 'phone, which she might say she's doing for his own good (and
_might_ even believe it, though I think not) ...

If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is.
Jim Easterbrook
2018-11-13 19:29:46 UTC
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I think Susan's treatment of Neil is bordering on coercive control. I'd
never have thought that - I've always disliked her as a gossip and
(comic) snob, but she's really getting nasty. He's basically a prisoner
in his own home, isn't he?
Susan _may_ not _realise_ she's doing it, though I don't think that is
the case. But if he starts 'phoning Justin, I could see Susan taking
away his 'phone, which she might say she's doing for his own good (and
_might_ even believe it, though I think not) ...
She already had taken away his mobile phone, switched it off and put it
in a drawer. Emma betrayed her and gave it back to Neil.
2018-11-13 19:33:50 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I think Susan's treatment of Neil is bordering on coercive control. I'd
never have thought that - I've always disliked her as a gossip and
(comic) snob, but she's really getting nasty. He's basically a prisoner
in his own home, isn't he?
Susan _may_ not _realise_ she's doing it, though I don't think that is
the case. But if he starts 'phoning Justin, I could see Susan taking
away his 'phone, which she might say she's doing for his own good (and
_might_ even believe it, though I think not) ...
She already had taken away his mobile phone, switched it off and put it
in a drawer. Emma betrayed her and gave it back to Neil.
You're right! I'd forgotten that. Very ominous. Can Rob please come back
and take away Susan?

Seriously, I think the situation is intolerable.

If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is.
Vicky Ayech
2018-11-13 21:55:19 UTC
On 13 Nov 2018 19:29:46 GMT, Jim Easterbrook
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I was a bit worried too about that. She did mean well but still.
Flop
2018-11-14 09:01:14 UTC
On 13 Nov 2018 19:29:46 GMT, Jim Easterbrook
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I think Susan's treatment of Neil is bordering on coercive control. I'd
never have thought that - I've always disliked her as a gossip and
(comic) snob, but she's really getting nasty. He's basically a prisoner
in his own home, isn't he?
Susan _may_ not _realise_ she's doing it, though I don't think that is
the case. But if he starts 'phoning Justin, I could see Susan taking
away his 'phone, which she might say she's doing for his own good (and
_might_ even believe it, though I think not) ...
She already had taken away his mobile phone, switched it off and put it
in a drawer. Emma betrayed her and gave it back to Neil.
I was a bit worried too about that. She did mean well but still.
And there is the rub.

How many of us are aware of patients who try to lead a normal life
despite their obvious limitations? Often denying the severity of their
symptoms.

And, in many cases, risk further jeapardising their health.

Suppose Susan were a nurse. Would you condemn her actions?

There is a fine line between coercion and care.
--
Flop

I find it ironic that the colours red, white, and blue stand for freedom
until they are flashing behind you
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-11-14 13:14:10 UTC
Post by Flop
Post by Vicky Ayech
On 13 Nov 2018 19:29:46 GMT, Jim Easterbrook
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
[...]
In this case, yes. Yes, I can see (hear) that Neal can hardly move
without pain; however, isolating him from his job (which she was so over
the moon that he got) is clearly causing him at least as much, and IMO
more, stress than the job itself.
Post by Flop
There is a fine line between coercion and care.
Granted.

More people watch live theatre every year than Premier League football
matches. - Libby Purves, RT 2017/9/30-10/6