UMRA birthday info for 2 August 2019
Birthday Monitor
2019-08-02 06:31:16 UTC
Birthday News for today, 2 August: StJohn Weyers RIP and Rosie
Mitchell.
2019-08-02 06:33:00 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 2 August: StJohn Weyers RIP and Rosie
Mitchell.
Happy birthday, Rosie!
2019-08-02 10:46:09 UTC
And also from me too.
SODAM
2019-08-02 10:56:17 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 2 August: StJohn Weyers RIP and Rosie
Mitchell.
Many happy returns of the day, Rosie. Here’s raising a glass of cider made
by Joe (whom God preserve) of Grange Farm.
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
Mike
2019-08-03 05:12:59 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 2 August: StJohn Weyers RIP and Rosie
Mitchell.
Many happy returns of the day, Rosie. Here’s raising a glass of cider made
by Joe (whom God preserve) of Grange Farm.
Of Utrecht?
That's none of your Strabismus.
2019-08-03 06:34:44 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 2 August: StJohn Weyers RIP and Rosie
Mitchell.
Many happy returns of the day, Rosie. Here’s raising a glass of cider made
by Joe (whom God preserve) of Grange Farm.
Of Utrecht?
That's none of your Strabismus.
Doesn’t he play in a squintet? (Their second album...)
Rosalind Mitchell

Mike Ruddock
2019-08-03 07:36:30 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 2 August: StJohn Weyers RIP and Rosie
Mitchell.
Many happy returns of the day, Rosie. Here’s raising a glass of cider made
by Joe (whom God preserve) of Grange Farm.
Of Utrecht?
That's none of your Strabismus.
Should I be surprised that members of umra still recall Beachcomber of
happy memory?
No not really. Where else?

Mike Ruddock
Sid Nuncius
2019-08-03 09:24:16 UTC
Post by Mike Ruddock
Post by SODAM
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 2 August: StJohn Weyers RIP and Rosie
Mitchell.
Many happy returns of the day, Rosie. Here’s raising a glass of cider made
by Joe (whom God preserve) of Grange Farm.
Of Utrecht?
That's none of your Strabismus.
Should I be surprised that members of umra still recall Beachcomber of
happy memory?
No not really. Where else?
I don't know where else, but Mr Justice Cocklecarrot, The Anthology of
Huntingdonshire Cabmen, Snibbo and much else are still treasured memories.
2019-08-03 14:29:18 UTC
Post by Mike Ruddock
Post by SODAM
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 2 August: StJohn Weyers RIP and Rosie
Mitchell.
Many happy returns of the day, Rosie. Here’s raising a glass of cider made
by Joe (whom God preserve) of Grange Farm.
Of Utrecht?
That's none of your Strabismus.
Should I be surprised that members of umra still recall Beachcomber of
happy memory?
No not really. Where else?
I don't know where else, but Mr Justice Cocklecarrot, The Anthology of
Huntingdonshire Cabmen, Snibbo and much else are still treasured memories.
No mention of red bearded dwarfs ? Shocking. I might have to go for
some seesaw [1]

[1] In checking that my memory wasn't playing tricks on me with the
Filthistan trio, in the Wikipedia entry for Beachcomber I came across [2]:

- Big White Carstairs: Buchanesque Empire builder, with a tendency to
mislay his dress trousers.
- O. Thake: naive, accident-prone Old Etonian and man-about-town.

Not sure which is the most apt description of BUM ?

[2] Well not literally obvs.
Rosalind Mitchell
2019-08-05 13:35:20 UTC
Post by Mike Ruddock
Post by SODAM
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 2 August: StJohn Weyers RIP and Rosie
Mitchell.
Many happy returns of the day, Rosie. Here’s raising a glass of cider made
by Joe (whom God preserve) of Grange Farm.
Of Utrecht?
That's none of your Strabismus.
Should I be surprised that members of umra still recall Beachcomber
of happy memory?
No not really. Where else?
I don't know where else, but Mr Justice Cocklecarrot, The Anthology of
Huntingdonshire Cabmen, Snibbo and much else are still treasured memories.
No mention of red bearded dwarfs ?  Shocking.  I might have to go for
some seesaw [1]
I think if you look up the chimney you'll find them.

Rx
Rosalind Mitchell
2019-08-05 13:34:00 UTC
Post by Mike Ruddock
Post by SODAM
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 2 August: StJohn Weyers RIP and Rosie
Mitchell.
Many happy returns of the day, Rosie. Here’s raising a glass of cider made
by Joe (whom God preserve) of Grange Farm.
Of Utrecht?
That's none of your Strabismus.
Should I be surprised that members of umra still recall Beachcomber of
happy memory?
No not really. Where else?
Mike Ruddock
Along with Giles, the only good reason for reading the Daily Express in
the 1960s.

2019-08-03 18:49:02 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 2 August: StJohn Weyers RIP and Rosie
Mitchell.
Many happy returns of the day, Rosie. Here’s raising a glass of cider made
by Joe (whom God preserve) of Grange Farm.
Of Utrecht?
That's none of your Strabismus.
'Ere Mike! That Sid's giving you a very funny look.
2019-08-03 19:01:27 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 2 August: StJohn Weyers RIP and Rosie
Mitchell.
Many happy returns of the day, Rosie. Here’s raising a glass of cider made
by Joe (whom God preserve) of Grange Farm.
Of Utrecht?
That's none of your Strabismus.
'Ere Mike!  That Sid's giving you a very funny look.
What do you mean? I wasn't looking at him.
2019-08-04 20:45:14 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 2 August: StJohn Weyers RIP and Rosie
Mitchell.
Many happy returns of the day, Rosie. Here’s raising a glass of cider made
by Joe (whom God preserve) of Grange Farm.
Of Utrecht?
That's none of your Strabismus.
'Ere Mike!  That Sid's giving you a very funny look.
What do you mean?  I wasn't looking at him.
I'm sorry Sid.
Eyed say we must be at cross purposes.
2019-08-05 07:58:29 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 2 August: StJohn Weyers RIP and Rosie
Mitchell.
Many happy returns of the day, Rosie. Here’s raising a glass of cider made
by Joe (whom God preserve) of Grange Farm.
Of Utrecht?
That's none of your Strabismus.
'Ere Mike!  That Sid's giving you a very funny look.
What do you mean?  I wasn't looking at him.
I'm sorry Sid.
Eyed say we must be at cross purposes.
Think it is time for me to sclera here!
2019-08-02 13:10:16 UTC
Birthday News for today, 2 August: StJohn Weyers RIP and Rosie Mitchell.
Many happy hippoes, Rosie!
Rosalind Mitchell
2019-08-05 13:47:56 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 2 August: StJohn Weyers RIP and Rosie
Mitchell.
Many thanks, dear Umrats, for the buffday greetings. I'm sorry I'm late
coming to it but I don't have a satisfactory usenet client on my home
box at the moment.

I have some fuzzy memories of Full Scottish in the morning, coffee cake
and ice cream on the Ayrshire coast in the afternoon and concluding in
the evening at Katie's[1] with something brightly coloured that they
said was a jelly baby but I've never seen a jellybaby before that came
as layers of luminescent colours in a tall glass with straws poking out
of it. As I thought there was something about it that made me go fuzzy I
asked for some tea and they brought me some special tea from Nassau
County, wherever that is. I don't remember much of what happened next.

Rx

[1] A Glaswegian establishment for ladies of a sapphic disposition, m'lud.
BrritSki
I think you ended up on Easter Island with Sid. HTH HAND ;)
Mike
2019-08-05 14:38:04 UTC
Post by Rosalind Mitchell
Post by Birthday Monitor
[...]