Spoiler - Christmas Eve horses
2020-12-24 19:31:24 UTC
Wow! That was a superb episode! Not just high drama but, for a change,
they got the lighter counterpoint just right too, to my ear :)

I highly recommend this evening for anyone who hasn't been listening
recently. You might want to listen to the rest of the week (which has
all been pretty good, IMO) but I don't think it's essential.
I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me
at once.
Vicky Ayech
Later on. :) RIght now Fiddler on the Roof.
Sid Nuncius
2020-12-25 06:42:02 UTC
On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 19:31:24 +0000, Serena Blanchflower
Post by Serena Blanchflower
Wow! That was a superb episode! Not just high drama but, for a change,
they got the lighter counterpoint just right too, to my ear :)
I highly recommend this evening for anyone who hasn't been listening
recently. You might want to listen to the rest of the week (which has
all been pretty good, IMO) but I don't think it's essential.
Later on. :) RIght now Fiddler on the Roof.
Eh? Did they repeat the Nigel's Death Plunge episode?
--
Sid
2020-12-25 09:23:14 UTC
On Fri, 25 Dec 2020 06:42:02 +0000, Sid Nuncius
On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 19:31:24 +0000, Serena Blanchflower
Post by Serena Blanchflower
Wow! That was a superb episode! Not just high drama but, for a change,
they got the lighter counterpoint just right too, to my ear :)
I highly recommend this evening for anyone who hasn't been listening
recently. You might want to listen to the rest of the week (which has
all been pretty good, IMO) but I don't think it's essential.
Later on. :) RIght now Fiddler on the Roof.
Eh? Did they repeat the Nigel's Death Plunge episode?
No, it's ok :). We're part-way through now watching the musical
instead of Sound of Mucus as our Christmas musical. The good songs
just come thick and fast. The rest tonight.
BrritSki
2020-12-25 09:40:57 UTC
On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 19:31:24 +0000, Serena Blanchflower
Wow!  That was a superb episode!  Not just high drama but, for a change,
they got the lighter counterpoint just right too, to my ear :)
I highly recommend this evening for anyone who hasn't been listening
recently.  You might want to listen to the rest of the week (which has
all been pretty good, IMO) but I don't think it's essential.
Later on. :)  RIght now Fiddler on the Roof.
Eh?  Did they repeat the Nigel's Death Plunge episode?
If Nigel was fiddling with David on the roof it's not surprising what
happened next...

2020-12-24 21:43:31 UTC
On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 19:31:24 +0000, Serena Blanchflower
Post by Serena Blanchflower
Wow! That was a superb episode! Not just high drama but, for a change,
they got the lighter counterpoint just right too, to my ear :)
I highly recommend this evening for anyone who hasn't been listening
recently. You might want to listen to the rest of the week (which has
all been pretty good, IMO) but I don't think it's essential.
I don't often listen to The Archers[1] but I caught it tonight and I
agree with you: well worth hearing even if one no longer thinks of
oneself as a listener.

Nick
[1]Please don't ask me why: my therapist says it would be damaging for
me to have to relive those episodes
Vicky Ayech
2020-12-24 22:11:01 UTC
On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 19:31:24 +0000, Serena Blanchflower
Post by Serena Blanchflower
Wow! That was a superb episode! Not just high drama but, for a change,
they got the lighter counterpoint just right too, to my ear :)
I highly recommend this evening for anyone who hasn't been listening
recently. You might want to listen to the rest of the week (which has
all been pretty good, IMO) but I don't think it's essential.
WOW indeed!!!
I didn't think ofthat. I can't believe she called the police!
And Eddie and Clarrie were perfect.
But I can't see how Roy justified interfering like that. Philip wasn't
threatening Kirsty, was he? Just at that point I felt sorry for him!
He was having a private meltdown with his wife and Roy was insisting
on coming in. Had Kirsty in some way made him think she'd be in danger
from Philip?
If the police take him into custody she could stay in thehouse.
Otehrwise pack and move in with Roy? Or Joy?
Serena Blanchflower
2020-12-25 09:01:57 UTC
[...]
I take it that you hadn't listened to Wednesday's episode - Kirsty was
upset and worried about what Gavin had told her (that Philip wasn't who
she thought he was) and Roy knew she was going to confront him. I do
agree with you though that this wasn't really enough to go straight into
thumping on the door and demanding to be allowed in but, on the whole, I
can forgive the SWs for that.
You Must Learn from the Mistakes of Others. You Will Never Live Long
Enough to Make Them All Yourself (Various)
Vicky Ayech
2020-12-25 09:25:16 UTC
On Fri, 25 Dec 2020 09:01:57 +0000, Serena Blanchflower
[...]
I did listen to Wednesday's first. But as you said, the thumping and
demanding was OTT, or is he 'specially' concerned for Kirsty? To be
fair, I could not remember exactly what she had said to him.