UMRA birthday info for 26 July 2019
Birthday Monitor
2019-07-26 06:23:30 UTC
Birthday News for today, 26 July: Sipho Madikane.
Dumrat
2019-07-26 06:29:43 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 26 July: Sipho Madikane.
Seeing this made me think how much better things were under the much-maligned-at-the-time
Beetle. How many editors has TA been through since she retired? How many ridiculous
story-lines leading nowhere, forgotten characters and personality transplants have there
been since then, with "Continuity" depending on a new editor rather than Ambridge
historical archives?
--
Salaam Alaykum,
Anne, Exceptionally Traditionally-built Dumrat
Vicky Ayech
2019-07-26 06:38:17 UTC
Post by Dumrat
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 26 July: Sipho Madikane.
Seeing this made me think how much better things were under the much-maligned-at-the-time
Beetle. How many editors has TA been through since she retired? How many ridiculous
story-lines leading nowhere, forgotten characters and personality transplants have there
been since then, with "Continuity" depending on a new editor rather than Ambridge
historical archives?
Sadly you are right. But last night had some good scenes. Also the
night before, as long as the Ed and Emma ones were not the traditional
good for Grundies until the crash.
krw
2019-08-06 22:54:14 UTC
Post by Dumrat
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 26 July: Sipho Madikane.
Seeing this made me think how much better things were under the
much-maligned-at-the-time Beetle. How many editors has TA been through
since she retired? How many ridiculous story-lines leading nowhere,
forgotten characters and personality transplants have there been since
then, with "Continuity" depending on a new editor rather than Ambridge
historical archives?
Without checking but I think the list of editors is something like:
Stand-in 1 - might have been Alison Hindell - not sure
Sean O'Connor
Stand-in 2 - Alison Hindell
Huw Kennair-Jones
Stand-in 3 - Alison Hindell
Jeremy Howe (but for how much longer?).
2019-08-07 19:06:25 UTC
Post by Dumrat
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 26 July: Sipho Madikane.
Seeing this made me think how much better things were under the
much-maligned-at-the-time Beetle. How many editors has TA been through
since she retired? How many ridiculous story-lines leading nowhere,
forgotten characters and personality transplants have there been since
then, with "Continuity" depending on a new editor rather than Ambridge
historical archives?
Stand-in 1 - might have been Alison Hindell - not sure
Sean O'Connor
Stand-in 2 - Alison Hindell
Huw Kennair-Jones
Stand-in 3 - Alison Hindell
Jeremy Howe (but for how much longer?).
During 2012, Vanessa Whitburn took a sabbatical and was replaced
temporarily by John Yorke, for about 4 months.
In 2013 she left and Julie Beckett took over for 24 weeks, until Sean
O'Connor arrived.
In 2016 he left (after 2 years and 9 months) and Alison Hindell took the
reins for 15 weeks, until Huw Kennair-Jones became editor at the start
of 2017.
He lasted 14 months, then Alison Hindell returned for another 36 weeks,
until Jeremy Howe took his turn as editor, late in 2018. He has done
about 39 weeks so far. As a permanent appointee, I would hope that he
could manage a little longer yet.
2019-08-07 20:40:42 UTC
Post by Dumrat
Post by Birthday Monitor
[...]
CaroleT thank you. We know SoC dumped the whole long term planning side
and the archivist as well. I am pretty sure John Yorke did not tinker a
great deal as he knew the Beetle was returning. Julie Beckett had been
part of the team for some years. In her second stint I am pretty sure
Alison Hindell had to play as it was such a long inter-regnum. It is
clear that the Jim storyline was hatched when Alastair did not move out
in the Autumn - so soon after Howe was appointed. I think the current
misery can be entirely laid at Howe's door.