Completely OT: Washington D.C.
2021-01-07 19:13:03 UTC
Can I just say that I am still stunned by yesterday evening's events. I
hadn't heard any news for a few hours and turned on the 10 O'Clock - and
just sat there with my mouth open in shock (although not really in
surprise), occasionally muttering "Copulating Hades"[1]. I was also
heard to raise my voice in saying "Oh, for the sake of the reproductive
act"[1] when clips of that nice Mr Trump, his lovely boy and that
charming Mr Giuliani showed them all all speaking in such a reasonable,
rational and statesmanlike way. I confess that I took the Lord's name
in vain once or twice, too.

Er...that's it, really. I just needed to say it. I mean, in the USA!
Dear God, what have we come to?

[1]I paraphrase.
--
Sid
198kHz
2021-01-07 19:41:45 UTC
Can I just say that I am still stunned by yesterday evening's events.
My thoughts exactly Sid.
Scary that he's still got 12 days in office.
I'd feel a lot better for the safety of the world if the 25th amendment
could be invoked ASAP.
198kHz
Sam Plusnet
2021-01-07 20:07:23 UTC
Post by 198kHz
Post by Sid Nuncius
Can I just say that I am still stunned by yesterday evening's events.
My thoughts exactly Sid.
Scary that he's still got 12 days in office.
I'd feel a lot better for the safety of the world if the 25th amendment
could be invoked ASAP.
People seems to be making far too much of this.

If Donald Trump isn't allowed to incite bloody, armed insurrection to
overcome the democratic process...

Well who _is_ allowed to do it?!?

P.S. It was all done by undercover Anti-Fa agitators... apparently.
2021-01-08 12:44:18 UTC
Post by 198kHz
Post by Sid Nuncius
Can I just say that I am still stunned by yesterday evening's events.
My thoughts exactly Sid.
Scary that he's still got 12 days in office.
I'd feel a lot better for the safety of the world if the 25th amendment
could be invoked ASAP.
People seems to be making far too much of this.
If Donald Trump isn't allowed to incite bloody, armed insurrection to
overcome the democratic process...
Well who _is_ allowed to do it?!?
P.S. It was all done by undercover Anti-Fa agitators... apparently.
The New York Times has been analysing the film and photographs of the
event: some of those undercover Anti-fa operatives are in such deep
cover that they have been fronting White Supremacist groups for years.

Nick
Peter
2021-01-12 16:11:04 UTC
Post by 198kHz
Post by Sid Nuncius
Can I just say that I am still stunned by yesterday evening's events.
My thoughts exactly Sid.
Scary that he's still got 12 days in office.
I'd feel a lot better for the safety of the world if the 25th amendment
could be invoked ASAP.
Don't you think that (or impeachment) would just embolden his supporters
to react against (what they would see as) antidemocratic forces?
--
When, once, reference was made to a statesman almost universally
recognized as one of the villains of this century, in order to
Ernst Specker on Paul Bernays
Mike McMillan
2021-01-12 16:22:42 UTC
Post by Peter
Post by 198kHz
Post by Sid Nuncius
Can I just say that I am still stunned by yesterday evening's events.
My thoughts exactly Sid.
Scary that he's still got 12 days in office.
I'd feel a lot better for the safety of the world if the 25th amendment
could be invoked ASAP.
Don't you think that (or impeachment) would just embolden his supporters
to react against (what they would see as) antidemocratic forces?
What concerns me is that there can be so many people (some in positions of
great influential powers) who think as Carrot Top does, they appear to have
been mesmerised or hoodwinked into thinking that not only is black actually
white but that wrong is right! I have never understood how such a twerp
managed to get into such a position of power - seems to go along with the
idea that a person may be promoted to their level of incompetence.
Peter
2021-01-12 16:25:58 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Peter
Post by 198kHz
Post by Sid Nuncius
Can I just say that I am still stunned by yesterday evening's events.
My thoughts exactly Sid.
Scary that he's still got 12 days in office.
I'd feel a lot better for the safety of the world if the 25th amendment
could be invoked ASAP.
Don't you think that (or impeachment) would just embolden his supporters
to react against (what they would see as) antidemocratic forces?
What concerns me is that there can be so many people (some in positions of
great influential powers) who think as Carrot Top does, they appear to have
been mesmerised or hoodwinked into thinking that not only is black actually
white but that wrong is right! I have never understood how such a twerp
managed to get into such a position of power - seems to go along with the
idea that a person may be promoted to their level of incompetence.
I am delighted to report that that is known as the Peter principle!
John Ashby
2021-01-12 16:47:49 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Peter
Post by 198kHz
Post by Sid Nuncius
Can I just say that I am still stunned by yesterday evening's events.
My thoughts exactly Sid.
Scary that he's still got 12 days in office.
I'd feel a lot better for the safety of the world if the 25th amendment
could be invoked ASAP.
Don't you think that (or impeachment) would just embolden his supporters
to react against (what they would see as) antidemocratic forces?
What concerns me is that there can be so many people (some in positions of
great influential powers) who think as Carrot Top does, they appear to have
been mesmerised or hoodwinked into thinking that not only is black actually
white but that wrong is right! I have never understood how such a twerp
managed to get into such a position of power - seems to go along with the
idea that a person may be promoted to their level of incompetence.
Somewhere there are PhD theses to be written on The Use of
Neurolinguistic Programming in the Trump Administration.

2021-01-12 17:10:29 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Peter
Post by 198kHz
Post by Sid Nuncius
[...]
I think Scott Adams of Dilbert fame has written lots along those lines
to explain the Trump phenomenon...
John Ashby
2021-01-12 17:36:29 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Peter
Post by 198kHz
Post by Sid Nuncius
[...]
Adams has been highly approving of Trump, so I'd not expect him to be
giving away his methods.

2021-01-12 17:47:03 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Peter
Post by 198kHz
Post by Sid Nuncius
[...]
From what little I read a couple of years ago he was more approving of
those methods in that they were effective in getting what Trump wanted
done rather than because he liked the man. But he might have changed
recently...
Nick Odell
2021-01-12 22:09:53 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Peter
Post by 198kHz
Post by Sid Nuncius
[...]
While I was listening to The Why Factor yesterday at 14.45
(https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07jyrd4) I couldn't help thinking
the people behind the assault on the Capitol knew exactly what they
were doing.

To me it's extraordinary how often scheduled factual programmes on BBC
Radio 4 seem to hit the mood of the moment. I wonder if they employ
futurologists in the scheduling room? Perhaps instead I ought to count
how often factual programmes have no connection with current affairs
and then I'd realise it was just coincidence when things synchronise
like this.

2021-01-12 18:17:03 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Peter
Post by 198kHz
Post by Sid Nuncius
Can I just say that I am still stunned by yesterday evening's events.
My thoughts exactly Sid.
Scary that he's still got 12 days in office.
I'd feel a lot better for the safety of the world if the 25th amendment
could be invoked ASAP.
Don't you think that (or impeachment) would just embolden his supporters
to react against (what they would see as) antidemocratic forces?
What concerns me is that there can be so many people (some in positions of
great influential powers) who think as Carrot Top does, they appear to have
been mesmerised or hoodwinked into thinking that not only is black actually
white but that wrong is right!
Er...most of those who stormed the Capitol did not seem like people who
thought black was white. Very far from it, in fact.
--
Sid
Paul Herber
2021-01-12 20:11:03 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Peter
Post by 198kHz
Post by Sid Nuncius
Can I just say that I am still stunned by yesterday evening's events.
My thoughts exactly Sid.
Scary that he's still got 12 days in office.
I'd feel a lot better for the safety of the world if the 25th amendment
could be invoked ASAP.
Don't you think that (or impeachment) would just embolden his supporters
to react against (what they would see as) antidemocratic forces?
What concerns me is that there can be so many people (some in positions of
great influential powers) who think as Carrot Top does, they appear to have
been mesmerised or hoodwinked into thinking that not only is black actually
white but that wrong is right!
Er...most of those who stormed the Capitol did not seem like people who
thought black was white. Very far from it, in fact.
Perhaps they were more 50 shades of gay (suppressed).
--
Regards, Paul Herber
https://www.paulherber.co.uk/
Sam Plusnet
2021-01-12 20:32:25 UTC
Post by Paul Herber
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Peter
Post by 198kHz
Post by Sid Nuncius
Can I just say that I am still stunned by yesterday evening's events.
My thoughts exactly Sid.
Scary that he's still got 12 days in office.
I'd feel a lot better for the safety of the world if the 25th amendment
could be invoked ASAP.
Don't you think that (or impeachment) would just embolden his supporters
to react against (what they would see as) antidemocratic forces?
What concerns me is that there can be so many people (some in positions of
great influential powers) who think as Carrot Top does, they appear to have
been mesmerised or hoodwinked into thinking that not only is black actually
white but that wrong is right!
Er...most of those who stormed the Capitol did not seem like people who
thought black was white. Very far from it, in fact.
Perhaps they were more 50 shades of gay (suppressed).
(shamelessly stolen from another newsgroup)

A mob of the MAGA persuasion
Conducted a statehouse invasion.
Though heavily armed,
They parted unharmed,
And that’s how you know they‘re Caucasian.
Peter
2021-01-12 20:57:00 UTC
On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 18:17:03 +0000, Sid Nuncius
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Peter
Post by 198kHz
Post by Sid Nuncius
[...]
John Ashby
2021-01-12 21:40:18 UTC
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Peter
Post by Sam Plusnet
And that’s how you know they‘re Caucasian.
Wrong invasion, try Ashli Babbitt.

john
Peter
2021-01-12 22:29:58 UTC
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Peter
Post by Sam Plusnet
And that’s how you know they‘re Caucasian.
Wrong invasion, try Ashli Babbitt.
Yes. I was confused.
Mike McMillan
2021-01-08 08:53:41 UTC
Can I just say that I am still stunned by yesterday evening's events. I
hadn't heard any news for a few hours and turned on the 10 O'Clock - and
just sat there with my mouth open in shock (although not really in
surprise), occasionally muttering "Copulating Hades"[1]. I was also
heard to raise my voice in saying "Oh, for the sake of the reproductive
act"[1] when clips of that nice Mr Trump, his lovely boy and that
charming Mr Giuliani showed them all all speaking in such a reasonable,
rational and statesmanlike way. I confess that I took the Lord's name
in vain once or twice, too.
Er...that's it, really. I just needed to say it. I mean, in the USA!
Dear God, what have we come to?
[1]I paraphrase.
Some time back, the media was banned from allowing the I.R.A. ‘The oxygen
of Publicity’ by airing any item that involved their murderous stupidity -
I believe it is more than time this scheme was extending to include that
Buggering Idiot Trump.
Sorry to swear like that, I normally try not to say the word Trump.
2021-01-08 20:05:22 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Sid Nuncius
[...]
Those loyal Trump supporters get their news from right wing media (&
social media) which all make it clear that Trump is the best President
that the US has ever had.

Anyone who suggests otherwise is part of that global Left Wing 'Liberal'
conspiracy.
Then there are all those judges - including the Trump appointed ones.
Peter
2021-01-12 16:12:31 UTC
Can I just say that I am still stunned by yesterday evening's events.  I
hadn't heard any news for a few hours and turned on the 10 O'Clock - and
just sat there with my mouth open in shock (although not really in
surprise), occasionally muttering "Copulating Hades"[1].  I was also
heard to raise my voice in saying "Oh, for the sake of the reproductive
act"[1] when clips of that nice Mr Trump, his lovely boy and that
charming Mr Giuliani showed them all all speaking in such a reasonable,
rational and statesmanlike way.  I confess that I took the Lord's name
in vain once or twice, too.
Er...that's it, really.  I just needed to say it.  I mean, in the USA!
Dear God, what have we come to?
[1]I paraphrase.
Just now - US President Donald Trump has said his speech before last
week's deadly Capitol riot, when he urged his supporters to march on
Congress, was "totally appropriate".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55638017