OT: Guess What (BBCR4X) - no, don't bother!
2018-11-09 15:06:34 UTC
I forget who was the chairmen of the original Animal, Vegetable, Mineral
or Twenty Questions, but they must be turning in their respective graves.

Barry Took makes the "words on the card" so obvious the panel hardly
need to bother participating.

Bah!
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/
Mike
2018-11-09 16:10:15 UTC
I forget who was the chairmen of the original Animal, Vegetable, Mineral
or Twenty Questions, but they must be turning in their respective graves.
Barry Took makes the "words on the card" so obvious the panel hardly
need to bother participating.
Bah!
Is it too far from Xmas to add ‘Humbug’ at the moment?
2018-11-09 16:47:27 UTC
I forget who was the chairmen of the original Animal, Vegetable, Mineral
or Twenty Questions, but they must be turning in their respective graves.
Franklin Engelmann?

john
SODAM
2018-11-09 17:20:28 UTC
I forget who was the chairmen of the original Animal, Vegetable, Mineral
or Twenty Questions, but they must be turning in their respective graves.
Barry Took makes the "words on the card" so obvious the panel hardly
need to bother participating.
Bah!
I thought the same and got quite annoyed. If asked by a panellist, “is it
leather?” there is no need to reply, “ not leather, but it could be
material or cloth.” The chairman never gave a simple “no” to a question but
kept adding other helpful information and hints. I turned it off and won’t
listen to this version again. Franklin Englemann would turn in his grave.
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
Mike
2018-11-09 17:48:37 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Jenny M Benson
I forget who was the chairmen of the original Animal, Vegetable, Mineral
or Twenty Questions, but they must be turning in their respective graves.
Barry Took makes the "words on the card" so obvious the panel hardly
need to bother participating.
Bah!
I thought the same and got quite annoyed. If asked by a panellist, “is it
leather?” there is no need to reply, “ not leather, but it could be
material or cloth.” The chairman never gave a simple “no” to a question but
kept adding other helpful information and hints. I turned it off and won’t
listen to this version again. Franklin Englemann would turn in his grave.
Is he buried down your way?
SODAM
Sally Thompson
2018-11-10 10:53:56 UTC
Post by SODAM
leather?” there is no need to reply, “ not leather, but it could be
material or cloth.” The chairman never gave a simple “no” to a question but
kept adding other helpful information and hints. I turned it off and won’t
listen to this version again. Franklin Englemann would turn in his grave.
Is he buried down your way?
BTN!
Sorry - funny and clever but not BT.
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/
Sally Thompson
2018-11-11 10:40:51 UTC
BTN!
Sorry - funny and clever but not BT.
<sulk>
You pull that lip up before you trip over it, young lady!
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/
Sally Thompson
Peter Withey
2018-11-10 10:42:37 UTC
On Fri, 9 Nov 2018 15:06:34 +0000, Jenny M Benson
Post by Jenny M Benson
I forget who was the chairmen of the original Animal, Vegetable, Mineral
or Twenty Questions, but they must be turning in their respective graves.
Barry Took makes the "words on the card" so obvious the panel hardly
need to bother participating.
Bah!
Glyn Daniel, for seven years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal,_Vegetable,_Mineral%3F