Spoiler Helen & Kirsty
2020-11-11 14:24:00 UTC
How do either Helen or Kirsty think Helen could afford to buy Philip's
house? From everything they said, when Philip bought it, it must be
going for at least £500K, quite possibly more. OK, Helen may have part
of the £1M they got for the land they sold, but we've been told that's
been invested in the farm, so she can't have much of that available as a
deposit. I can't imagine she's making a lavish income, especially at the
moment, from the business, so it doesn't seem likely that she'd be able
to get a huge mortgage.
2020-11-11 15:19:33 UTC
How do either Helen or Kirsty think Helen could afford to buy Philip's
house? From everything they said, when Philip bought it, it must be
going for at least £500K, quite possibly more. OK, Helen may have part
of the £1M they got for the land they sold, but we've been told that's
been invested in the farm, so she can't have much of that available as a
deposit. I can't imagine she's making a lavish income, especially at the
moment, from the business, so it doesn't seem likely that she'd be able
to get a huge mortgage.
Farming economics in Ambridge are very strange. Brookfield has been
espousing diversification for many years with the Herefords, the cross
breeds, the arable, the use of Hollowtree for the Fairbrethern, handing
land over for re-wilding and then all of sudden there is a land shortage
and so the Fairbrethern get dumped and the Herefords are off to the far
away knackers yard without even waiting for Mince Casey to re-open the
abbatoir.

How come?
2020-11-11 18:04:30 UTC
[...]
They lost the file cards with back history on, or never transferred
them all to the new computer. Or the SWs don't care.
Vicky Ayech
2020-11-11 18:03:18 UTC
On Wed, 11 Nov 2020 14:24:00 +0000, Serena Blanchflower
Post by Serena Blanchflower
How do either Helen or Kirsty think Helen could afford to buy Philip's
house? From everything they said, when Philip bought it, it must be
going for at least £500K, quite possibly more. OK, Helen may have part
of the £1M they got for the land they sold, but we've been told that's
been invested in the farm, so she can't have much of that available as a
deposit. I can't imagine she's making a lavish income, especially at the
moment, from the business, so it doesn't seem likely that she'd be able
to get a huge mortgage.
I did ask this on fb and was told she'd get a mortgage but I agree
with you, SWs are ignoring the money needed. Or maybe Kirsty thinks
Philip will give Helen mate's rates.
Mike McMillan
2020-11-11 18:26:10 UTC
How do either Helen or Kirsty think Helen could afford to buy Philip's
house? From everything they said, when Philip bought it, it must be
going for at least £500K, quite possibly more. OK, Helen may have part
of the £1M they got for the land they sold, but we've been told that's
been invested in the farm, so she can't have much of that available as a
deposit. I can't imagine she's making a lavish income, especially at the
moment, from the business, so it doesn't seem likely that she'd be able
to get a huge mortgage.
It’s the usual SW’s licence innit? In other words, any rubbish they care to
serve up without any reference to reality, financial considerations, common
sense, practicality or indeed possibility.
2020-11-13 09:04:34 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Serena Blanchflower
How do either Helen or Kirsty think Helen could afford to buy Philip's
house? From everything they said, when Philip bought it, it must be
going for at least £500K, quite possibly more. OK, Helen may have part
of the £1M they got for the land they sold, but we've been told that's
been invested in the farm, so she can't have much of that available as a
deposit. I can't imagine she's making a lavish income, especially at the
moment, from the business, so it doesn't seem likely that she'd be able
to get a huge mortgage.
It’s the usual SW’s licence innit? In other words, any rubbish they care to
serve up without any reference to reality, financial considerations, common
sense, practicality or indeed possibility.
Peggoi will step in: though I suspect Lee is more likely the answer.

2020-11-13 10:01:11 UTC
though I suspect Lee is more likely the answer.
Ex-wife and kids to support, so hardly likely to be rolling in it.