Oiy BTM!
2019-02-01 19:07:52 UTC
BTN for Joe Grundy please!
2019-02-01 19:08:44 UTC
BTN for Joe Grundy please!
Twice over please!
2019-02-01 19:22:38 UTC
BTN for Joe Grundy please!
Twice over please!
And what about a 'Bleedin' Obvious Deus Ex Machina' award?
2019-02-01 19:41:38 UTC
BTN for Joe Grundy please!
BTNs are for umrats only, I'm afraid, however well merited elsewhere.

I would be interested to know what prompted the request.
2019-02-01 22:05:22 UTC
BTN for Joe Grundy please!
BTNs are for umrats only, I'm afraid, however well merited elsewhere.
I would be interested to know what prompted the request.
Umrats only need listen to the first few minutes of the Friday evening epi
to find out.
2019-02-01 22:10:30 UTC
BTN for Joe Grundy please!
BTNs are for umrats only, I'm afraid, however well merited elsewhere.
I would be interested to know what prompted the request.
Umrats need only listen to the first few minutes of Friday evening’s epi to
find out.
2019-02-01 22:37:29 UTC
On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 19:41:38 +0000, Sid Nuncius
BTN for Joe Grundy please!
BTNs are for umrats only, I'm afraid, however well merited elsewhere.
I would be interested to know what prompted the request.

I had to listen to the beginning again just now, as Mike said it was
there. I'd not thought of a BTN. Joe and Emma were talking and Emma
told how Jenny came to the door with a knife dripping with blood. He
asked if she'd killed Helen. Emma said no, Jenny was making a game
pie. Joe said as long as she hadn't chopped her husband into it.
Sid Nuncius
2019-02-02 06:59:56 UTC
On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 19:41:38 +0000, Sid Nuncius
BTN for Joe Grundy please!
BTNs are for umrats only, I'm afraid, however well merited elsewhere.
I would be interested to know what prompted the request.
<spoiler snipped>
Thanks, Vicky.
2019-02-02 23:39:33 UTC
On Fri, 01 Feb 2019 22:37:29 +0000, Vicky Ayech
Post by Vicky Ayech
On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 19:41:38 +0000, Sid Nuncius
BTN for Joe Grundy please!
BTNs are for umrats only, I'm afraid, however well merited elsewhere.
I would be interested to know what prompted the request.
I had to listen to the beginning again just now, as Mike said it was
there. I'd not thought of a BTN. Joe and Emma were talking and Emma
told how Jenny came to the door with a knife dripping with blood. He
asked if she'd killed Helen. Emma said no, Jenny was making a game
pie. Joe said as long as she hadn't chopped her husband into it.
Unless she'd actually slaughtered the game in the kitchen, "dripping"
with blood seems a bit of an exageration.
Rosemary Miskin
2019-02-03 10:53:48 UTC
Unless she'd actually slaughtered the game in the kitchen, "dripping"
with blood seems a bit of an exageration.
And surely she would have put the knife dien
before answering the door?

Rosemary
Nick Odell
2019-02-03 11:08:12 UTC
Post by Rosemary Miskin
Post by Fenny
Unless she'd actually slaughtered the game in the kitchen, "dripping"
with blood seems a bit of an exageration.
And surely she would have put the knife dien
before answering the door?
That would depend on who she was expecting, wouldn't it?

2019-02-03 11:38:53 UTC
On Sun, 3 Feb 2019 11:08:12 +0000, Nick Odell
Post by Nick Odell
Post by Rosemary Miskin
Post by Fenny
Unless she'd actually slaughtered the game in the kitchen, "dripping"
with blood seems a bit of an exageration.
And surely she would have put the knife dien
before answering the door?
That would depend on who she was expecting, wouldn't it?
Nick
That happened to a friend of mine who lived in Southall at the time.
He answered the door while preparing food and took the knife;. I
forget what the argument was with the person who had called on him but
the police were called! I think friend possibly shouted and waved the
knife. Maybe or maybe not. Friend is tall and quite wide.
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2019-02-03 11:48:17 UTC
Post by Rosemary Miskin
Unless she'd actually slaughtered the game in the kitchen, "dripping"
with blood seems a bit of an exageration.
And surely she would have put the knife dien
before answering the door?
Rosemary
Maybe subconsciously she's feeling a bit insecure at the moment, so she
wouldn't ...

Though Joe's input _may_ change that - they certainly laid it on thick
enough - or, they're just playing with us, which would make me cross(er)

A man is not contemptible because he thinks science explains everything, and a
man is not contemptible because he doesn't. - Howard Jacobson, in Radio Times
2010/1/23-29.
Vicky Ayech
2019-02-03 13:45:11 UTC
On Sun, 3 Feb 2019 11:48:17 +0000, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by Rosemary Miskin
Unless she'd actually slaughtered the game in the kitchen, "dripping"
with blood seems a bit of an exageration.
And surely she would have put the knife dien
before answering the door?
Rosemary
Maybe subconsciously she's feeling a bit insecure at the moment, so she
wouldn't ...
Though Joe's input _may_ change that - they certainly laid it on thick
enough - or, they're just playing with us, which would make me cross(er)
MTAAW. I'd be cross. Although..it was quite clunkily signalled..

Fenny
2019-02-03 12:38:32 UTC
On Sun, 3 Feb 2019 02:53:48 -0800 (PST), Rosemary Miskin
Post by Rosemary Miskin
Unless she'd actually slaughtered the game in the kitchen, "dripping"
with blood seems a bit of an exageration.
And surely she would have put the knife dien
before answering the door?
Front door or kitchen/back door?

Which hand was she holding the knife in and which did she use to open
the door?