OT: Bye-bye love - now it's the Neverly Brothers
2021-08-22 14:54:48 UTC
Don Everly died yesterday, aged 84

<https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/22/obituaries/don-everly-older-brother-in-groundbreaking-rock-duo-dies-at-84.html>

2021-08-22 17:15:44 UTC
Don Everly died yesterday, aged 84
<https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/22/obituaries/don-everly-older-brother-in-groundbreaking-rock-duo-dies-at-84.html>
I have seen a lot of great musicians in concert, but just twice in my
life I have found tears in my eyes as someone took to the stage in front
of me. The first time was Andres Segovia (Nottingham, early 70s, I
think); the second was the Everly Brothers when I went to their reunion
concert at the Albert Hall in 1983. True legends.

Go well, Don, and thanks.
--
Sid
2021-08-22 18:54:57 UTC
Don Everly died yesterday, aged 84
<https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/22/obituaries/don-everly-older-brother-in-groundbreaking-rock-duo-dies-at-84.html>
I have seen a lot of great musicians in concert, but just twice in my
life I have found tears in my eyes as someone took to the stage in front
of me. The first time was Andres Segovia (Nottingham, early 70s, I
think); the second was the Everly Brothers when I went to their reunion
concert at the Albert Hall in 1983. True legends.
Go well, Don, and thanks.
McT and I saw Serbia at the Hexagon, that was late 70s. I’d never heard of
him nor the Spanish guitar. Was rather like “Waiting for Godot”. I have
improved since then!

2021-08-23 07:47:22 UTC
Post by Chris
Don Everly died yesterday, aged 84
<https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/22/obituaries/don-everly-older-brother-in-groundbreaking-rock-duo-dies-at-84.html>
I have seen a lot of great musicians in concert, but just twice in my
life I have found tears in my eyes as someone took to the stage in front
of me. The first time was Andres Segovia (Nottingham, early 70s, I
think); the second was the Everly Brothers when I went to their reunion
concert at the Albert Hall in 1983. True legends.
Go well, Don, and thanks.
McT and I saw Serbia at the Hexagon, that was late 70s. I’d never heard of
him nor the Spanish guitar. Was rather like “Waiting for Godot”. I have
improved since then!
Sincerely Chris
Serbia? Oh yes, his performance was something to Croat.
Actually, ….. all was quiet on the low-lit stage when an elderly chap
shuffled onto the stage and perched on a single stool at the front-centre
stage. There was much unease at first from the audience but then everything
went quiet and Mr. Segovia began to play - the sound seemed very thin and
almost inaudible at first - but very quickly, that single instrument
(guitar and player I mean) filled the auditorium with a wonderful sound.
Marvellous concert it was.
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
Chris
2021-08-25 11:36:27 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Chris
[...]
Same concert different POV.

2021-08-25 18:16:55 UTC
On Wed, 25 Aug 2021 11:36:27 -0000 (UTC), Chris
Post by Chris
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Chris
[...]
I think I saw Segovia* play, possibly in the Albert Hall, I know we had a
recording or two and I know I loved the music. We did see John Williams
play - younger chap, same style, probably in Saffron Walden Town Hall ...
unless that was Segovia.

My unforgettery definitely needs attention :(

* No, spellchicken, I did not mean Semolina!
They were early pin-ups of mine. I saw them live too.
Peter
2021-08-24 16:58:24 UTC
Don Everly died yesterday, aged 84
<https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/22/obituaries/don-everly-older-brother-in-groundbreaking-rock-duo-dies-at-84.html>
Nick
I shall apply to be the Stones new drummer now Charlie Watts has died.
--
The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here
Abraham Lincoln at Gettysburg