OT: River basin maps
BrritSki
2019-01-15 09:01:25 UTC
Yes I know it's the DM (NTTAWWT), but these maps are stunning.
Nick Odell
2019-01-15 09:16:51 UTC
Post by BrritSki
Yes I know it's the DM (NTTAWWT), but these maps are stunning.
Erme - link?

N.
Penny
2019-01-15 10:06:20 UTC
On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 09:16:51 +0000, Nick Odell
Post by Nick Odell
Post by BrritSki
Yes I know it's the DM (NTTAWWT), but these maps are stunning.
Erme - link?
Here's a non-DM link
<https://www.livescience.com/64430-photos-rainbow-river-maps.html>
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959
Sid Nuncius
2019-01-15 10:47:05 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
Post by BrritSki
Yes I know it's the DM (NTTAWWT), but these maps are stunning.
Erme - link?
Here's a non-DM link
<https://www.livescience.com/64430-photos-rainbow-river-maps.html>
Lovely maps.

Er..."Britain's longest river is the River Shannon in Ireland"?
Nick Odell
2019-01-15 10:58:29 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
Post by BrritSki
Yes I know it's the DM (NTTAWWT), but these maps are stunning.
Erme - link?
Here's a non-DM link
<https://www.livescience.com/64430-photos-rainbow-river-maps.html>
Lovely maps.
Er..."Britain's longest river is the River Shannon in Ireland"?
Oooops. That wasn't supposed to be announced until after 9pm tonight
when Plan B for the Irish Backstop is revealed to be the annexation of
RoI into GB.

Just pretend you didn't see that and everything will be fine.

Nick
BrritSki
LOL
John Ashby
2019-01-15 14:27:09 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
Post by Nick Odell
Post by BrritSki
Yes I know it's the DM (NTTAWWT), but these maps are stunning.
Erme - link?
Here's a non-DM link
<https://www.livescience.com/64430-photos-rainbow-river-maps.html>
Lovely maps.
Er..."Britain's longest river is the River Shannon in Ireland"?
Oooops. That wasn't supposed to be announced until after 9pm tonight
when Plan B for the Irish Backstop is revealed to be the annexation of
RoI into GB.
Just pretend you didn't see that and everything will be fine.
Nick
Point of Pedantry:

That would be into the UK, the Island of GB would still not contain the
Shannon which would continue as the longest river in the British Isles.

john (unless they're intending to dump all the Brexit paperwork in the
Irish Sea to create a land bridge.)
krw
2019-01-15 13:38:35 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
Post by BrritSki
Yes I know it's the DM (NTTAWWT), but these maps are stunning.
Erme - link?
Here's a non-DM link
<https://www.livescience.com/64430-photos-rainbow-river-maps.html>
Lovely maps.
Er..."Britain's longest river is the River Shannon in Ireland"?
I had always understood that the "British Isles" included the whole of
the Irish island.
--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk
https://tinyurl.com/KRWpics
Sid Nuncius
2019-01-15 15:53:33 UTC
Post by krw
Post by Sid Nuncius
Er..."Britain's longest river is the River Shannon in Ireland"?
I had always understood that the "British Isles" included the whole of
the Irish island.
The phrase does mean that AIUI. As distinct from "Britain" or "The
United Kingdom." All three terms have different meanings.
Nick Odell

N.
Penny
2019-01-15 11:24:12 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
Post by BrritSki
Yes I know it's the DM (NTTAWWT), but these maps are stunning.
Erme - link?
Here's a non-DM link
<https://www.livescience.com/64430-photos-rainbow-river-maps.html>
Thanks!
They're displayed larger on the DM site who seem to have posted the same
set many times. The advantage of the livescience version is better
captions.
Sam Plusnet
2019-01-16 02:12:06 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
Post by Penny
Here's a non-DM link
<https://www.livescience.com/64430-photos-rainbow-river-maps.html>
Thanks!
They're displayed larger on the DM site who seem to have posted the same
set many times. The advantage of the livescience version is better
captions.
Those captions state that Australia is the second driest continent -
after Australia.

"Seventy percent of Australia qualifies as arid or semi-arid, according
to the Australian government. But water still flows. This map shows the
drainages of the second-driest continent after Australia."
Sam Plusnet
BrritSki
2019-01-15 10:48:05 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
Post by BrritSki
Yes I know it's the DM (NTTAWWT), but these maps are stunning.
Erme - link?
N.
Oooops

<https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6511869/Fascinating-new-map-shows-river-basin-globe-different-colour.html>
Nick Odell
2019-01-15 10:53:54 UTC
Post by BrritSki
Post by Nick Odell
Post by BrritSki
Yes I know it's the DM (NTTAWWT), but these maps are stunning.
Erme - link?
N.
Oooops
<https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6511869/Fascinating-new-map-shows-river-basin-globe-different-colour.html>
Aha! That's better. Thanks!

Nick
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2019-01-15 09:39:08 UTC
Post by BrritSki
Yes I know it's the DM (NTTAWWT), but these maps are stunning.
Whoosh?

Europeans see luxury as a badge of civilisation. Whereas we [British] have
shabbiness as a badge of civilisation. - Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen, in Radio
Times 12-18 October 2013