So that’s that!
Mike
2020-01-23 19:13:07 UTC
So Jayston is buried close to Merton College!
Toodle Pip
Mike Ruddock
2020-01-23 19:26:10 UTC
Post by Mike
So Jayston is buried close to Merton College!
Sorry, how do you work that out?

I thought the expotition arranged for the day after the funeral was to
Housesteads which would put the locale of the funeral somewhere in
JPEG's old stamping ground.

Mike Ruddock
Kate B
2020-01-23 19:59:24 UTC
Post by Mike Ruddock
Post by Mike
So Jayston is buried close to Merton College!
Sorry, how do you work that out?
I thought the expotition arranged for the day after the funeral was to
Housesteads which would put the locale of the funeral somewhere in
JPEG's old stamping ground.
They used the Merton chimes. Presumably the depleted Beeb sound archive
only has that (you'd recognise it from Morse, where Merton seems
frequently to be in Woodstock) and Westminster.
--
Kate B
London
Mike
2020-01-23 22:08:13 UTC
Post by Mike Ruddock
Post by Mike
So Jayston is buried close to Merton College!
Sorry, how do you work that out?
I thought the expotition arranged for the day after the funeral was to
Housesteads which would put the locale of the funeral somewhere in
JPEG's old stamping ground.
Mike Ruddock
The church bells were a recording of those at Merton College, Oxford. Sorry
but I have the recording on CD and have used it many times!
--
Toodle Pip