Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - week ending 14th December 2018
carolet
2018-12-03 16:07:37 UTC

Roy Tucker - Ian Pepperell
Peggy Woolley - June Spencer
Natasha - Mali Harries
Russ - Andonis James Antony

Director : Gwenda Hughes
Editor : Jeremy Howe
Writer : Sarah McDonald Hughes

Spoilers:
Sunday 9th - Ben has his arm twisted and it is a bad day for Will.
Monday 10th - Alistair comes to the rescue and Tony has a change of
heart.
Tuesday 11th - Elizabeth makes a surprising decision and Christine
remains adamant.
Wednesday 12th - There's a visitor at Lower Loxley and Tom makes a
breakthrough.
Thursday 13th - Lily finds herself torn and Jill issues an invitation.
Friday 14th - There's a ray of hope for David, and Brian continues to
hit a brick wall.

---------------------

I believe this is the first time that Sarah McDonald Hughes has been
named as the writer.
CaroleT
Mike
2018-12-03 16:55:31 UTC
Post by carolet
Sunday 9th - Ben has his arm twisted and it is a bad day for Will.
‘Look Ben, if you don’t get out the bag and nozzles, there will be no icing
on the cake.’
Typo: ‘Will’ should read Wills, Peggoi has re-drafted her Will and she
leaves everything to the cats’ home.
Post by carolet
Monday 10th - Alistair comes to the rescue and Tony has a change of
heart.
‘It’s perfectly Ok Tony, just take this ketamine and I’ll prepare my table
for your op.’
Post by carolet
Tuesday 11th - Elizabeth makes a surprising decision and Christine
remains adamant.
‘Changing use to make Lower Loxley into a care home is all very well
Elizabeth but, I still insist on it being a cat-free zone.’
Post by carolet
Wednesday 12th - There's a visitor at Lower Loxley and Tom makes a
breakthrough.
Slight typo: Tom arranges a break-out and Freddy slips back to his room
through the back door.
Post by carolet
Thursday 13th - Lily finds herself torn and Jill issues an invitation.
Lapse of memory on Lily’s part, that happened months ago (Oh hello Russ, I
didn’t see you there.’) And... ‘Hello Russ, have you seen how I slaughter
my hens?’
Post by carolet
Friday 14th - There's a ray of hope for David, and Brian continues to
hit a brick wall.
Slight typo again: ‘there’s hay and rope’ was what David needed, hanging
and then burning Lynda’s body looks like a good solution to his
frustrations.

Brian’s fitting returns whilst he is driving his BMW and...
Toodle Pip
Nick Odell
2018-12-03 20:29:26 UTC
Post by carolet
Friday 14th - There's a ray of hope for David, and Brian continues to
hit a brick wall.
Slight typo again: ‘there’s hay and rope’ was what David needed, hanging
and then burning Lynda’s body looks like a good solution to his
frustrations.
Brian’s fitting returns whilst he is driving his BMW and...
You are really on top form today, Mike. Brilliant!

Nick
Chris McMillan

Sincerely Chris
Jenny M Benson
2018-12-05 15:20:23 UTC
Post by carolet
Spoiler
Fri 14th Dec
Post by Mike
Slight typo again: ‘there’s hay and rope’ was what David needed, hanging
and then burning Lynda’s body looks like a good solution to his
frustrations.
Brian’s fitting returns whilst he is driving his BMW and...
BTN please?
Sincerely Chris
Not quite, I'm sorry.
--
Jenny M Benson
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/
Vicky Ayech
2018-12-03 18:12:20 UTC
Post by carolet
Jill Archer - Patricia Greene
David Archer - Timothy Bentinck
Ben Archer - Ben Norris
Tony Archer - David Troughton
Pat Archer - Patricia Gallimore
Tom Archer - William Troughton
Brian Aldridge - Charles Collingwood
Jennifer Aldridge - Angela Piper
Christine Barford - Lesley Saweard
Lilian Bellamy - Sunny Ormonde
Joe Grundy - Edward Kelsey
Clarrie Grundy - Heather Bell
Will Grundy - Philip Molloy
Shula Hebden Lloyd - Judy Bennett
Alistair Lloyd - Michael Lumsden
Kirsty Miller - Annabelle Dowler
Elizabeth Pargetter - Alison Dowling
Lily Pargetter - Katie Redford
Lynda Snell - Carole Boyd
Roy Tucker - Ian Pepperell
Peggy Woolley - June Spencer
Natasha - Mali Harries
Russ - Andonis James Antony
Director : Gwenda Hughes
Editor : Jeremy Howe
Writer : Sarah McDonald Hughes
No Lexi. Good! Also no Adam or Ian. Actually if Jenny and Brian have
to vacate their home before Xmas, as one spoiler suggested, Ian could
cook Christmas dinner for them, at home or GG. for them. They could
stay at GG.>
Post by carolet
Sunday 9th - Ben has his arm twisted and it is a bad day for Will.
Rory is home for the hols and gets Ben into trouble. Poppy tells
Santa what she wants for Christmas. Her mum.
Post by carolet
Monday 10th - Alistair comes to the rescue and Tony has a change of
heart.
Snappy gives Peggy tranquilisers for Hilda. And Christine. Tony joins
Helen on her trip to get the cows. He falls in love with them.
Post by carolet
Tuesday 11th - Elizabeth makes a surprising decision and Christine
remains adamant.
Elizabeth cancels Winter Wonderland. It is too much for her. Christine
insists on Helda being given away, even if she is calmer.
Post by carolet
Wednesday 12th - There's a visitor at Lower Loxley and Tom makes a
breakthrough.
Russ ran out of shirts and money and turns up. Tom gets a letter from
Brenda, who is coming home, and realises she had his heart all the
time.
Post by carolet
Thursday 13th - Lily finds herself torn and Jill issues an invitation.
Lily tells her mum she will postpone uni and stay to take over with
the new manager. She has to tell Russ she can't return to Manchester
to the flat.

Jill invites the brothers for Christmas.
Post by carolet
Friday 14th - There's a ray of hope for David, and Brian continues to
hit a brick wall.
H&S have been summoned to ok the Canterbury Tales and are inclined to
refuse to give and OK, which would mean no insurance cover or drinks
licence.
Post by carolet
---------------------
I believe this is the first time that Sarah McDonald Hughes has been
named as the writer.
krw
2018-12-03 23:51:03 UTC
Post by carolet
I believe this is the first time that Sarah McDonald Hughes has been
named as the writer.
I thought it was a new name.

https://painesplough.com/person/sarah-mcdonald-hughes
--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk
https://tinyurl.com/KRWpics
SODAM
2018-12-04 01:35:15 UTC
Post by carolet
[...]
“C’mon, Ben, you owe me a favour. Sand the rust off that combine harvester
by teatime.”
The joy riders come back, mob handed and tooled up, to Will’s drives.
Post by carolet
Monday 10th - Alistair comes to the rescue and Tony has a change of
heart.
The French cows can’t stop laughing at Helen’s cheese and have to be
tranquillised. Tony now regrets getting rid of the Angus herd.
Post by carolet
Tuesday 11th - Elizabeth makes a surprising decision and Christine
remains adamant.
Elizabeth sacks the new manager for being too efficient. Christine decides
to live out the rest of her life at The Laurels. As Alzheimer’s takes hold,
she forgets Peggy is footing the bill.
Post by carolet
Wednesday 12th - There's a visitor at Lower Loxley and Tom makes a
breakthrough.
Lexi turns up looking for a job. Tom persuades Susan to “manage” the veg
boxes instead of kefir.
Post by carolet
Thursday 13th - Lily finds herself torn and Jill issues an invitation.
Lily can either return to Manchester following an ultimatum from Russ, or
stay on to rescue the family business from her half-crazed mother.
Jill invites Christine and Peggy to Christmas lunch in an attempt to budge
Christine.
Post by carolet
Friday 14th - There's a ray of hope for David, and Brian continues to
hit a brick wall.
“The Canterbury Tales” can no longer be rehearsed in the barn and has to be
cancelled.* Brian cannot find a house to buy or rent and, in true
Christmas fashion, moves into the barn, as there is no room fo them at Gay
Grables.

*I think there was never any intention to perform The Miller’s Tale”. It is
a tease, to get listeners to speculate about how to stage the bawdiest
tale. It will be the part of the show that we don’t hear. Harrumph!
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
krw
2018-12-04 09:02:56 UTC
Post by SODAM
Tom persuades Susan to “manage” the veg
boxes instead of kefir.
Quite. Johnny refused to take on the "boring" veg box management and
now has come French cows. So if the vegetables need managing now we are
all going vegan (apparently) it will be worth more money than the kefir
anyway.
--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk
https://tinyurl.com/KRWpics
Vicky Ayech
2018-12-04 09:16:32 UTC
Post by carolet
[...]
I hope it is that rather than Rory dragging Ben into more trouble.
Post by carolet
Wednesday 12th - There's a visitor at Lower Loxley and Tom makes a
breakthrough.
Lexi turns up looking for a job. Tom persuades Susan to “manage” the veg
boxes instead of kefir.
I really objected to Susan managing the kefir as Clarrie was the one
had faith in it and helped and worked on it. Susan only got interested
to take over and manage it.
Post by carolet
Friday 14th - There's a ray of hope for David, and Brian continues to
hit a brick wall.
“The Canterbury Tales” can no longer be rehearsed in the barn and has to be
cancelled.* Brian cannot find a house to buy or rent and, in true
Christmas fashion, moves into the barn, as there is no room fo them at Gay
Grables.
I love the idea of the Aldridges moving into the barn for Christmas,
but there is Lilian's place, Lynda's B&B and LL.
But we heard that Fallon has a perfect bottom for it!
John Ashby
2018-12-04 16:31:11 UTC
Post by SODAM
“The Canterbury Tales” can no longer be rehearsed in the barn and has to be
cancelled.* Brian cannot find a house to buy or rent and, in true
Christmas fashion, moves into the barn, as there is no room fo them at Gay
Grables.
*I think there was never any intention to perform The Miller’s Tale”. It is
a tease, to get listeners to speculate about how to stage the bawdiest
tale. It will be the part of the show that we don’t hear. Harrumph!
I think Lynda must have been ill when she decided on Chaucer Surely the
true Snellian vision would have been The Decameron, ten stories per day
spread over ten of the twelve days of Christmas with a pair of
highlights days at the end. That would be one in the eye for FLOpS.

john