Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 25th to 28th May 2020
carolet
2020-05-23 09:50:21 UTC

Cast :
David Archer - Timothy Bentinck
Josh Archer - Angus Imrie
Harrison Burns - James Cartwright
Tracy Horrobin - Susie Riddell

Director : Kim Greengrass
Editor : Jeremy Howe
Writer : Adrian Flynn
Writer : Keri Davies

Spoilers:
Monday 25th - David reflects on life at Brookfield during lockdown and
Josh considers his place in the family.
Tuesday 26th - Is it the cricket season in locked down Ambridge?
Harrison struggles to strike the correct tone and Tracy launches her
manifesto.
Wednesday 27th - Josh faces some tough decisions in locked down
Brookfield and it’s the day of reckoning for Harrison.
Thursday 28th - David attempts to restore peace at Brookfield and Josh
makes his choice.
CaroleT
Nick Odell
2020-05-28 19:06:31 UTC
Post by carolet
David Archer - Timothy Bentinck
Josh Archer - Angus Imrie
Harrison Burns - James Cartwright
Tracy Horrobin - Susie Riddell
Director : Kim Greengrass
Editor : Jeremy Howe
Writer : Adrian Flynn
Writer : Keri Davies
(This written after listening to the first three episodes)
Obviously, as has been said in another thread, this is just feeling
its way and will take a while to settle down as a format. IMO none of
the scenes nor the way they were played would have been out of place
in an Afternoon Drama or Classic Serial but stitching them all
together as one seems to be quite a challenge.

I am just idly wondering: when was the last time Carole Simpson
Solazzo wrote an episode? The others on the team are great writers in
their own -erme- right but I always thought what was special about CSS
was the way she seemed to write for an entire week yet each scene had
its own identity. I would love to see her have a crack at this.

Incidentally, I did try to find out what she has been up to recently
but her Twitter account (as Carole Solazzo) is only open to her
followers: a condition where I am doubly disadvantaged by not even
having a Twitter account.

Nick
Nick Odell
2020-05-28 20:38:12 UTC
On Thu, 28 May 2020 16:06:31 -0300, Nick Odell
Post by Nick Odell
Post by carolet
[...]
Oh, and another thing. The format is so Anneka Stranded that I wonder
they did not think of asking Mike Walker to contribute a script or
two.

Nick
Vicky Ayech
2020-05-28 18:17:04 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
Post by carolet
[...]
I thought the 3 episodes improved each day. Also more people in last
night's. Or am Ijust getting used to the format?
Penny
2020-05-28 18:18:18 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
I am just idly wondering: when was the last time Carole Simpson
Solazzo wrote an episode? The others on the team are great writers in
their own -erme- right but I always thought what was special about CSS
was the way she seemed to write for an entire week yet each scene had
its own identity. I would love to see her have a crack at this.
Incidentally, I did try to find out what she has been up to recently
but her Twitter account (as Carole Solazzo) is only open to her
followers: a condition where I am doubly disadvantaged by not even
having a Twitter account.
I can't help with radio but IMdb tells me she wrote 108 episodes of
Hollyoaks last year.

I've requested permission to follow her. As my own output is tiny and only
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959
Chris McMillan
2020-05-31 08:47:57 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
I am just idly wondering: when was the last time Carole Simpson
Solazzo wrote an episode? The others on the team are great writers in
their own -erme- right but I always thought what was special about CSS
was the way she seemed to write for an entire week yet each scene had
its own identity. I would love to see her have a crack at this.
Incidentally, I did try to find out what she has been up to recently
but her Twitter account (as Carole Solazzo) is only open to her
followers: a condition where I am doubly disadvantaged by not even
having a Twitter account.
I can't help with radio but IMdb tells me she wrote 108 episodes of
Hollyoaks last year.
I've requested permission to follow her. As my own output is tiny and only
Is she even writing for TA. EMNTK.

Sincerely Chris

Vicky Ayech
2020-05-28 20:49:24 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
Post by carolet
[...]
Oh dear. 1 not so good. 2 better. 3 not bad.
But 4 was toe-curlingly awful.
Self-indulgent by SW. Not fuzzy and endearing at all.
Please can it be over. Oh good, it is.
Mike
2020-05-29 07:44:40 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
Post by carolet
[...]
CTBACO ‘CDB’ IMHO.
Toodle Pip
Vicky Ayech
Are you swearing at me???
Mike
2020-05-29 10:07:32 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
Post by carolet
[...]
‘Could that be a case of Could do better, In my humble opinion.’
Toodle Pip
Vicky Ayech
Yes but what is CTBACO
Mike
2020-05-29 11:34:12 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
Post by Nick Odell
Post by carolet
[...]
The first five words of my previous reply.
Toodle Pip
Mike
Toodle Pip
carolet
CaroleT
Nick Odell

N.
krw
2020-05-29 08:41:17 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
Post by carolet
[...]
It is a long time since she wrote an episode - further down I see an
answer has been given - that would mean she went about the same time as
VW - so perhaps she and SoC did not agree?

I had no trouble following her on twitter but have not seen any evidence
of her mentioning her work. Seems a little more political in her comments.
--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk