Gransnet thread on testing, especially important for nursery children who catch lots of colds.
Vicky Ayech
2020-09-08 10:51:19 UTC
Gransnet thread on testing, especially important for nursery children
who catch lots of colds.
https://www.gransnet.com/forums/coronavirus/1284327-Corona-virus-testing?utm_source=newsletter_gransnetdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=08/09/2020&utm_term=%22I+don%27t+want+a+robot+friend%22

I think we've already had posts on how easy it is to get tests and
how for one has to travel.
Clive Arthur
2020-09-08 12:03:13 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
Gransnet thread on testing, especially important for nursery children
who catch lots of colds.
https://www.gransnet.com/forums/coronavirus/1284327-Corona-virus-testing?utm_source=newsletter_gransnetdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=08/09/2020&utm_term=%22I+don%27t+want+a+robot+friend%22
I think we've already had posts on how easy it is to get tests and
how for one has to travel.
But at least at that age they can just be popped in the post.
--
Cheers
Clive
Peter
2020-09-08 15:36:21 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
Gransnet thread on testing, especially  important for nursery children
who catch lots of colds.
https://www.gransnet.com/forums/coronavirus/1284327-Corona-virus-testing?utm_source=newsletter_gransnetdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=08/09/2020&utm_term=%22I+don%27t+want+a+robot+friend%22
I think we've already had posts on  how easy it is to get tests and
how for one has to travel.
But at least at that age they can just be popped in the post.
The baby would have to be quite tiny to fit through a pillar box slit.
From time to time round here I see pillar box slits made even narrower
by having a plate screwed across them with a slit in the plate only two
millimetres wide. I asked the postie why that was and he told me it was
because people had been posting pizzas.
Tony Smith
In Belfast in the '70s it was done to stop bombs being posted. When shards of cast iron (or whatever pillar boxes are made of) go flying a lot of nasty injuries are done.
Peter
2020-09-08 17:46:07 UTC
Post by Tony Smith
Post by Peter
Post by Clive Arthur
Gransnet thread on testing, especially important for nursery children
who catch lots of colds.
https://www.gransnet.com/forums/coronavirus/1284327-Corona-virus-testing?utm_source=newsletter_gransnetdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=08/09/2020&utm_term=%22I+don%27t+want+a+robot+friend%22
I think we've already had posts on how easy it is to get tests and
how for one has to travel.
But at least at that age they can just be popped in the post.
The baby would have to be quite tiny to fit through a pillar box slit.
From time to time round here I see pillar box slits made even narrower
by having a plate screwed across them with a slit in the plate only two
millimetres wide. I asked the postie why that was and he told me it was
because people had been posting pizzas.
In Belfast in the '70s it was done to stop bombs being posted. When shards of cast iron (or whatever pillar boxes are made of) go flying a lot of nasty injuries are done.
And the pizza is rendered inedible!

I have also seen pillar boxes modified for that reason on the mainland.
Steve Hague
2020-09-09 09:04:49 UTC
Post by Peter
Post by Tony Smith
Post by Peter
Post by Clive Arthur
Gransnet thread on testing, especially important for nursery children
who catch lots of colds.
https://www.gransnet.com/forums/coronavirus/1284327-Corona-virus-testing?utm_source=newsletter_gransnetdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=08/09/2020&utm_term=%22I+don%27t+want+a+robot+friend%22
I think we've already had posts on how easy it is to get tests and
how for one has to travel.
But at least at that age they can just be popped in the post.
The baby would have to be quite tiny to fit through a pillar box slit.
 From time to time round here I see pillar box slits made even narrower
by having a plate screwed across them with a slit in the plate only two
millimetres wide. I asked the postie why that was and he told me it was
because people had been posting pizzas.
In Belfast in the '70s it was done to stop bombs being posted. When
shards of cast iron (or whatever pillar boxes are made of)  go flying
a lot of nasty injuries are done.
And the pizza is rendered inedible!
I have also seen pillar boxes modified for that reason on the mainland.
In my opinion, pizza is always inedible.
Steve
Joe Kerr
2020-09-08 20:57:15 UTC
Post by Peter
Post by Clive Arthur
Gransnet thread on testing, especially  important for nursery children
who catch lots of colds.
https://www.gransnet.com/forums/coronavirus/1284327-Corona-virus-testing?utm_source=newsletter_gransnetdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=08/09/2020&utm_term=%22I+don%27t+want+a+robot+friend%22
I think we've already had posts on  how easy it is to get tests and
how for one has to travel.
But at least at that age they can just be popped in the post.
The baby would have to be quite tiny to fit through a pillar box slit.
From time to time round here I see pillar box slits made even narrower
by having a plate screwed across them with a slit in the plate only two
millimetres wide.  I asked the postie why that was and he told me it was
because people had been posting pizzas.
Can you get him to remove the plates and give him my address?
Ric
Peter
2020-09-08 21:55:39 UTC
Post by Joe Kerr
Post by Peter
Post by Clive Arthur
Gransnet thread on testing, especially  important for nursery children
who catch lots of colds.
https://www.gransnet.com/forums/coronavirus/1284327-Corona-virus-testing?utm_source=newsletter_gransnetdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=08/09/2020&utm_term=%22I+don%27t+want+a+robot+friend%22
I think we've already had posts on  how easy it is to get tests and
how for one has to travel.
But at least at that age they can just be popped in the post.
The baby would have to be quite tiny to fit through a pillar box slit.
 From time to time round here I see pillar box slits made even
narrower by having a plate screwed across them with a slit in the
plate only two millimetres wide.  I asked the postie why that was and
he told me it was because people had been posting pizzas.
Can you get him to remove the plates and give him my address?
What's the postage for a pizza? Shall I write your address on the
underside of the base with a felt-tipped pen?
Joe Kerr
2020-09-09 19:57:32 UTC
Post by Joe Kerr
Post by Peter
Post by Clive Arthur
Gransnet thread on testing, especially  important for nursery children
who catch lots of colds.
https://www.gransnet.com/forums/coronavirus/1284327-Corona-virus-testing?utm_source=newsletter_gransnetdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=08/09/2020&utm_term=%22I+don%27t+want+a+robot+friend%22
I think we've already had posts on  how easy it is to get tests and
how for one has to travel.
But at least at that age they can just be popped in the post.
The baby would have to be quite tiny to fit through a pillar box
slit.  From time to time round here I see pillar box slits made even
narrower by having a plate screwed across them with a slit in the
plate only two millimetres wide.  I asked the postie why that was and
he told me it was because people had been posting pizzas.
Can you get him to remove the plates and give him my address?
What's the postage for a pizza?  Shall I write your address on the
underside of the base with a felt-tipped pen?
Postage shmostage. As long as you use an edible, food grade ink.
Ric
Peter
It would be amusing to posta pizza to a piazza.
Joe Kerr
2020-09-09 20:45:46 UTC
Post by Peter
It would be amusing to posta pizza to a piazza.
I was dining out one evening when a pizza delivery person tried to make
a delivery to somebody in the restaurant (a totally different company).
I never did find out whether it was a prank, intended for a member of
staff, an idiot of a customer, an idiot of a deliverer, or whether he
made the delivery or got thrown out.
Ric
Min
2020-09-09 20:52:08 UTC
Post by Joe Kerr
Post by Peter
It would be amusing to posta pizza to a piazza.
I was dining out one evening when a pizza delivery person tried to make
a delivery to somebody in the restaurant (a totally different company).
I never did find out whether it was a prank, intended for a member of
staff, an idiot of a customer, an idiot of a deliverer, or whether he
made the delivery or got thrown out.
I have seen an Uber delivery guy going into a (very recently) closed
restaurant. Didn't give me a lot of confidence in their fare...
Min
Min
2020-09-09 20:53:31 UTC
Post by Min
Post by Joe Kerr
Post by Peter
It would be amusing to posta pizza to a piazza.
I was dining out one evening when a pizza delivery person tried to make
a delivery to somebody in the restaurant (a totally different company).
I never did find out whether it was a prank, intended for a member of
staff, an idiot of a customer, an idiot of a deliverer, or whether he
made the delivery or got thrown out.
I have seen an Uber delivery guy going into a (very recently) closed
restaurant. Didn't give me a lot of confidence in their fare...
--
Min
Oops, sorry - accuracy in all things. Deliveroo.
Min
Sam Plusnet
2020-09-10 20:01:38 UTC
Post by Peter
Post by Joe Kerr
Post by Joe Kerr
Post by Peter
Post by Clive Arthur
Gransnet thread on testing, especially  important for nursery children
who catch lots of colds.
https://www.gransnet.com/forums/coronavirus/1284327-Corona-virus-testing?utm_source=newsletter_gransnetdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=08/09/2020&utm_term=%22I+don%27t+want+a+robot+friend%22
I think we've already had posts on  how easy it is to get tests and
how for one has to travel.
But at least at that age they can just be popped in the post.
The baby would have to be quite tiny to fit through a pillar box
slit.  From time to time round here I see pillar box slits made
even narrower by having a plate screwed across them with a slit in
the plate only two millimetres wide.  I asked the postie why that
was and he told me it was because people had been posting pizzas.
Can you get him to remove the plates and give him my address?
What's the postage for a pizza?  Shall I write your address on the
underside of the base with a felt-tipped pen?
Postage shmostage. As long as you use an edible, food grade ink.
It would be amusing to posta pizza to a piazza.
Peter persistently posted pizza to Pisa from the piazza.
If Peter...
Sam Plusnet
krw
2020-09-08 22:06:18 UTC
I asked the postie why that was and he told me it was because people had
been posting pizzas.
Round here it was fireworks. Which rather made a mess of the letters.
Use email I say!
--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk
https://tinyurl.com/KRWpics
Mike
2020-09-09 07:49:03 UTC
Post by krw
I asked the postie why that was and he told me it was because people had
been posting pizzas.
Round here it was fireworks. Which rather made a mess of the letters.
Use email I say!
Chris once received a letter that had been dropped into a little used post
box, it had been nibbled away by a snail - nibbled away in tapered layers
it was!
Toodle Pip
Penny
2020-09-09 11:02:05 UTC
On Wed, 09 Sep 2020 07:49:03 GMT, Mike <***@ntlworld.com> scrawled
in the dust...
Post by Mike
Chris once received a letter that had been dropped into a little used post
box, it had been nibbled away by a snail - nibbled away in tapered layers
it was!
I rather admire the way they do that - can't believe they get much
nutrition from paper though.
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959
Chris J Dixon
2020-09-09 11:59:09 UTC
Post by Penny
in the dust...
Post by Mike
Chris once received a letter that had been dropped into a little used post
box, it had been nibbled away by a snail - nibbled away in tapered layers
it was!
I rather admire the way they do that - can't believe they get much
nutrition from paper though.
I have a crate outdoors in which I store used bottles, since we
do not have doorstep recycling. I notice that the ones that have
been there some time have their paper labels nibbled.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham
***@cdixon.me.uk @ChrisJDixon1
Plant amazing Acers.
Mike
2020-09-09 12:20:33 UTC
Post by Penny
in the dust...
Post by Mike
Chris once received a letter that had been dropped into a little used post
box, it had been nibbled away by a snail - nibbled away in tapered layers
it was!
I rather admire the way they do that - can't believe they get much
nutrition from paper though.
Presumably they digest the cellulose - can’t believe the stamp or gum offer
much though. The corner that was eaten into was not the corner with the
stamp anyway.
Toodle Pip
Sam Plusnet
2020-09-09 19:58:04 UTC
Post by Mike
Post by Penny
in the dust...
Post by Mike
Chris once received a letter that had been dropped into a little used post
box, it had been nibbled away by a snail - nibbled away in tapered layers
it was!
I rather admire the way they do that - can't believe they get much
nutrition from paper though.
Presumably they digest the cellulose - can’t believe the stamp or gum offer
much though. The corner that was eaten into was not the corner with the
stamp anyway.
If you're a snail stuck inside a post box, there is a limited menu.
Sam Plusnet
Nick Odell
2020-09-11 13:12:11 UTC
Post by Sam Plusnet
Post by Penny
in the dust...
Post by Mike
Chris once received a letter that had been dropped into a little used post
box, it had been nibbled away by a snail - nibbled away in tapered layers
it was!
I rather admire the way they do that - can't believe they get much
nutrition from paper though.
Presumably they digest the cellulose - can’t believe the stamp or gum offer
much though. The corner that was eaten into was not the corner with the
stamp anyway.
If you're a snail stuck inside a post box, there is a limited menu.
I am left wondering if that was a very fast snail or a very long
interval between posting the letter and collecting it from the box.

Nick
Penny
2020-09-11 14:52:27 UTC
On Fri, 11 Sep 2020 10:12:11 -0300, Nick Odell
Post by Nick Odell
Post by Sam Plusnet
Post by Mike
Post by Penny
in the dust...
Post by Mike
Chris once received a letter that had been dropped into a little used post
box, it had been nibbled away by a snail - nibbled away in tapered layers
it was!
I rather admire the way they do that - can't believe they get much
nutrition from paper though.
Presumably they digest the cellulose - can’t believe the stamp or gum offer
much though. The corner that was eaten into was not the corner with the
stamp anyway.
If you're a snail stuck inside a post box, there is a limited menu.
I am left wondering if that was a very fast snail or a very long
interval between posting the letter and collecting it from the box.
I think it would only take one night. There may have been more than one
snail/slug.
Sam Plusnet
2020-09-11 20:27:40 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
Post by Sam Plusnet
If you're a snail stuck inside a post box, there is a limited menu.
I am left wondering if that was a very fast snail or a very long
interval between posting the letter and collecting it from the box.
Round 'ere, there are postboxes which look as though they haven't been
opened since the old queen died.
Sam Plusnet
Peter
Larry Grayson?
Joe Kerr
2020-09-08 20:59:01 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
Gransnet thread on testing, especially  important for nursery children
who catch lots of colds.
https://www.gransnet.com/forums/coronavirus/1284327-Corona-virus-testing?utm_source=newsletter_gransnetdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=08/09/2020&utm_term=%22I+don%27t+want+a+robot+friend%22
I think we've already had posts on  how easy it is to get tests and
how for one has to travel.
But at least at that age they can just be popped in the post.
But it is illegal to send offensive items through the post.
Ric
Chris McMillan
2020-09-10 14:09:04 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
Gransnet thread on testing, especially important for nursery children
who catch lots of colds.
https://www.gransnet.com/forums/coronavirus/1284327-Corona-virus-testing?utm_source=newsletter_gransnetdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=08/09/2020&utm_term=%22I+don%27t+want+a+robot+friend%22
I think we've already had posts on how easy it is to get tests and
how for one has to travel.
We have, and grandparents, if they wish, would be members of said social
media, dontcha fink?

Sincerely Chris