Shock! Ruth and Matt!
Vicky Ayech
2018-07-08 21:50:44 UTC
Someone went to see Keri, Kim and Felicity give a talk and apparently
the latter two have been together for five years :). Well, it sort of
shocked me.
Nick Odell
2018-07-08 22:15:03 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
Someone went to see Keri, Kim and Felicity give a talk and apparently
the latter two have been together for five years :). Well, it sort of
shocked me.
In contrast to the "Outnubered" couple who one sort of expected it of
anyway?

Nick
Vicky Ayech
2018-07-09 07:43:08 UTC
On Sun, 8 Jul 2018 23:15:03 +0100, Nick Odell
Post by Nick Odell
Post by Vicky Ayech
Someone went to see Keri, Kim and Felicity give a talk and apparently
the latter two have been together for five years :). Well, it sort of
shocked me.
In contrast to the "Outnubered" couple who one sort of expected it of
anyway?
Nick
It would make a shocking story line if Matt came back and ran off with
Ruth. But what about if he came back and was very rich and could buy
home form? :) Then maybe Kate might move in with him?
Mike
2018-07-09 07:48:55 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
Post by Vicky Ayech
Someone went to see Keri, Kim and Felicity give a talk and apparently
the latter two have been together for five years :). Well, it sort of
shocked me.
In contrast to the "Outnubered" couple who one sort of expected it of
anyway?
Nick
It would make a shocking story line if Matt came back and ran off with
Ruth. But what about if he came back and was very rich and could buy
home form? :) Then maybe Kate might move in with him?
How about Rob returning briefly, then running off with Brian and a.n. Other
(place your own suggestion there please?
Toodle Pip
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-07-09 14:17:44 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
Post by Vicky Ayech
Someone went to see Keri, Kim and Felicity give a talk and apparently
the latter two have been together for five years :). Well, it sort of
shocked me.
In contrast to the "Outnubered" couple who one sort of expected it of
anyway?
Nick
(I take it Kim is Matt's "good friend"; always throws me as I think of
it first, I don't know why as there are plenty of male examples, as a
girl's name.) Well, Brian (Charles Collingwood) and Shula (I forget -
Judy something is it - Bennett?) were together much longer than that.
(Still are AFAIK, but I'm good at not catching up on such matters.) Must
be many decades now.

There's too much attention paid to how TV can be bad for you, but I think it's
good for us more often than it's bad - Professor Barrie Gunter of Sheffield
University (quoted in RT, 15-21 March 2003).
Serena Blanchflower
2018-07-11 15:55:27 UTC
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
(I take it Kim is Matt's "good friend"; always throws me as I think of
it first, I don't know why as there are plenty of male examples, as a
girl's name.) Well, Brian (Charles Collingwood) and Shula (I forget -
Judy something is it - Bennett?) were together much longer than that.
(Still are AFAIK, but I'm good at not catching up on such matters.) Must
be many decades now.
Not surprising that you think of Kim as a girl's name, the vast majority
of Kims [1] are female. Latex husbad was a male Kim and I don't
remember meeting, or hearing of, any others[1] who were noticeably
younger than he was (if still alive, he would now have been 64).

[1] at least, amongst people of European descent
--
Best wishes, Serena
Nick Odell
2018-08-05 06:47:24 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
Someone went to see Keri, Kim and Felicity give a talk and apparently
the latter two have been together for five years :). Well, it sort of
shocked me.
This morning my radio recording backlog brought me to 20 July 2014 [1]
and Felicity Finch's "Something Understood" entitled Independently
Dependent where she reflects on independence and starting a
relationship in later life. It's all very introspective and hardly
mentions the "other" at all - except through the music and the readings
- and had I listened to it when it was fresh I wouldn't have guessed
that she was talking about any other cast member, let alone Matt/Kim.
This programme must have been made when they were about one year into
their relationship, then.

Nick
[1]That is not a typo - some of my unlistened-to programmes really are
that old and I fear I've lost control. What am I supposed to do - for
instance - with all those programmes I've listened to once and put to
one side as worth another hearing when I'm years behind listening to
other stuff for the first time?
Chris J Dixon
2018-08-13 08:44:20 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
This morning my radio recording backlog brought me to 20 July 2014 [1]
[1]That is not a typo - some of my unlistened-to programmes really are
that old and I fear I've lost control. What am I supposed to do - for
instance - with all those programmes I've listened to once and put to
one side as worth another hearing when I'm years behind listening to
other stuff for the first time?
BTDTGTTS

Just back from three weeks away in the caravan, current umra
backlog 1110.

My podcast backlog tends to have stuff I try to keep up with,
currently a couple of months long, plus stuff to be listened to
"sometime" (up to 5 years) and stuff BOFE wants to hear (but is
never around to do so, having a job)

The landline showed 15 missed calls, all unrecognised, plus 5
answerphone messages, all recorded announcements expecting me to
believe that they were going to "disconnect your Internet".

We managed to make enough space on the PVR to record what we knew
about, but still need to find a few other new programmes on
catch-up.

Just don't mention the several hundred DVDs of stuff taken off
the old PVR as it filled. To manage them I set up a database.

The unwatched includes a reasonable pile of commercial recordings
still in their shrink wrap.

Every so often we deem a few as "will never be watched" and dump
them. Who knows if we will ever look again at stuff deliberately
kept.

Today I need to deal with some rampant plants (how fast can
passion flower grow?) and see if I can stow some laundry to make
room for the next load.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham